Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Ikea pulls out of Cuerden site

  1. #41
    Director raefil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    63,054
    Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    That is a fair point !!
    Joking apart
    I do get frustrated when I see a town or are we a city ?? With such amazing potential that just isn't exploited
    I think the new market development is excellent, looking at the plans for the shankly hotel gives me hope too.

    Its slow but I think were moving in the right direction. The Adelphi quarter plans look likely to, aesthetically, vastly improve that area too
    .

  2. #42
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,203
    Article is almost two years old. I think Kendrick sums it up at the end, who would sanction the spend of billions of pounds on facilities that are already there.

  3. #43
    ANARCHIST Nobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    never been in the clink
    Posts
    47,701
    Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    Article is almost two years old. I think Kendrick sums it up at the end, who would sanction the spend of billions of pounds on facilities that are already there.
    Iím sure things like this take more than a couple of years to come to fruition.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

  4. #44
    Manager edgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the shed - plotting
    Posts
    11,658
    Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    Article is almost two years old. I think Kendrick sums it up at the end, who would sanction the spend of billions of pounds on facilities that are already there.
    A very wise person
    Spend a week on a ward in the main hospital and decide if the facilities that as you put it are already there are fit for purpose
    You can have a car that is already there and on that principle not replace it but if the MOT failure is beyond economic repair to get the car working again then the only option if want to drive is buy another car that is fit for purpose ?

  5. #45
    Manager Ando60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Euxton
    Posts
    17,170
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I think the new market development is excellent, looking at the plans for the shankly hotel gives me hope too.

    Its slow but I think were moving in the right direction. The Adelphi quarter plans look likely to, aesthetically, vastly improve that area too
    Totally agree that the Town is really starting to look good with lots of new developments....

    Im just not sure about the name of the new hotel though - why not name it after Harris given where it is going to be sited ?

  6. #46
    Assistant Manager AndySaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    Totally agree that the Town is really starting to look good with lots of new developments....

    Im just not sure about the name of the new hotel though - why not name it after Harris given where it is going to be sited ?
    The hotel owners are from Liverpool and are Liverpool fans. I know Shanks played for us hundreds of times and helped win our last major trophy but the name is not one associated with the city of Preston or tbh not one you'd name a hotel after.

  7. #47
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    112
    Apparently IKEA have announced a fall in their profits of c.40%. The Cuerden store would have been their second largest in the UK. Given that the fall in profits was in part down to an expansion in their number of stores in 2017/18, and the worsening state of the traditional retail sector, they are obviously rethinking their strategy. They are apparently considering opening Argos-style click-and-collect stores in town and city centres as an alternative.

  8. #48
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buckshaw Village
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldrew's Ghost View Post
    Apparently IKEA have announced a fall in their profits of c.40%. The Cuerden store would have been their second largest in the UK. Given that the fall in profits was in part down to an expansion in their number of stores in 2017/18, and the worsening state of the traditional retail sector, they are obviously rethinking their strategy. They are apparently considering opening Argos-style click-and-collect stores in town and city centres as an alternative.
    Will these stores still offer the meatballs?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •