Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Posts function

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    I have never used that way to view the forum so wouldn't have noticed.

I have not change any settings personally.

I assume it is down to the new patch on the forum and I'm not sure if I can amend it. When I get chance I will take a look.
    JK, I was advised from the start using the forum to use the "new post" button and always have without issue. Recently though I have the same issue as Regardless ......each time I post it doesn't register when I click on new posts. I'm also not 100% sure each time I press it that someone has posted on a thread I;m interested in, so have to search the forum for it.
    East Midlands Branch

Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    JK, I was advised from the start using the forum to use the "new post" button and always have without issue. Recently though I have the same issue as Regardless ......each time I post it doesn't register when I click on new posts. I'm also not 100% sure each time I press it that someone has posted on a thread I;m interested in, so have to search the forum for it.
    It has certainly changed recently. Threads I avoid now remain on the "new post" page under a different section until I mark all forums as read whereas in the past they would disappear once logging on. Doesn't really matter once you get used to it I guess.

I have changed a setting with regards to viewing new posts.

Let me know if this has resolved your problem or made it worse
    Last edited by JK; 13-06-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Test
    East Midlands Branch

Test
    Itís not worked.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Itís not worked.
    It's not. It seems that any thread I've posted on does now not come up in the new posts function. It's not the end of the world but it's a functionality that seems to be gone.
    East Midlands Branch

It's not. It seems that any thread I've posted on does now not come up in the new posts function. It's not the end of the world but it's a functionality that seems to be gone.
    Iím thinking it may be an indervidual option somewhere on your settings.

I canít find a way of changing it across the board at the moment.

I posted ten minutes ago on a thread. I clicked on new posts a bit later and because someone had posted after me, there it was in bold........... I think you might be correct about the personal settings................... The only difference I've noticed when clicking on " new posts " is a whole long list under this heading :

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

That definately wasn't there before the updates but it's certainly not a problem.
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    I posted ten minutes ago on a thread. I clicked on new posts a bit later and because someone had posted after me, there it was in bold........... I think you might be correct about the personal settings................... The only difference I've noticed when clicking on " new posts " is a whole long list under this heading :

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

That definately wasn't there before the updates but it's certainly not a problem.
    Same for me.

It can't be that JK... because sometimes my new posts appear on the New Posts list... sometimes they don't.

I've always used New Posts as my first port of call to access the forum and see what's new. What do you and others do? Go through each individual forum one by one - to see what's new? Seems a bit odd, unless you're only interested in one of the forums.