Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff In For Cunningham

Cardiff In For Cunningham

Knew it wouldnt be long before bids started to come in for some of our top players...cunningham would be big loss and hard to replace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44380823

Quote Originally Posted by By Tor View Post
    Knew it wouldnt be long before bids started to come in for some of our top players...cunningham would be big loss and hard to replace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44380823
    Shit.
    Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    He'd be a massive miss for us, though I don't have any doubt's that he would struggle in the Premiership.
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough

Manager
    Realistically if this is true how much should a fee be - £7m? Whatever if they want Cunningham it has to be a single payment upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by ernest View Post
    Realistically if this is true how much should a fee be - £7m? Whatever if they want Cunningham it has to be a single payment upfront.
    Someone was quoting £5m on Twitter at the weekend. I'd hope we got at least £7m or £8m with none of it dependent on them staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by paddysr View Post
    Someone was quoting £5m on Twitter at the weekend. I'd hope we got at least £7m or £8m with none of it dependent on them staying up.
    I rate Cunningham as much as anyone but pretty sure we won’t be getting £7-8m for a LB with 1 year left on his deal. £4-5m max. IMO.

Just had a quick check on their board and they are talking as if he would be going as 2nd choice behind Bennett...

Quote Originally Posted by paddysr View Post
    Just had a quick check on their board and they are talking as if he would be going as 2nd choice behind Bennett...
    Think they and Bennett might be in for a shock if he does go!
    Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Manager
    Whatever I would tell them to get lost if they offered anything less than £5m upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by kbd_pne View Post
    I rate Cunningham as much as anyone but pretty sure we won’t be getting £7-8m for a LB with 1 year left on his deal. £4-5m max. IMO.
    Can but hope. In all fairness £5m is about what I would expect.

If it does happen I think there will be a fans revolt if the club don't put the money straight in the transfer pot given that on face value it looks like we are sat on the Hugill money.