Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FABB Sofas closes within months of opening at the Capitol Centre.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshawwhite View Post
    An "Online Trading" tax should be introduced to all online retailers. Thus, bringing pricing in line with the high street & boosting the public purse .. Bucky for PM
    Good idea..

I do think sometimes if the Labour Party got over their problem with SME's (exploiters of workers) and had a coherent long term strategy on small business.. including things like this they'd attract votes from unexpected quarters
    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

Quote Originally Posted by sliper View Post
    Good idea..

I do think sometimes if the Labour Party got over their problem with SME's (exploiters of workers) and had a coherent long term strategy on small business.. including things like this they'd attract votes from unexpected quarters
    The, "Preston model," was covered quite extensively on the Jeremy Vine show last week. I missed but apparently its available on catchup. I mention this because the Present Labour leadership are seriously looking into it as a way forward.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b538md#play

move on to 1 hour 8 mins 30 secs.
    Last edited by raefil; 11-06-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    The, "Preston model," was covered quite extensively on the Jeremy Vine show last week. I missed but apparently its available on catchup. I mention this because the Present Labour leadership are seriously looking into it as a way forward.
    Might take a peep at that - remember reading about it in the Guardian. Need to look at the other side, too - we sorely need more old school Tories, the ones who understand the importance of keeping money circulating in local economies instead of bending over for big companies who actively suck wealth out of local economies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    Might take a peep at that - remember reading about it in the Guardian. Need to look at the other side, too - we sorely need more old school Tories, the ones who understand the importance of keeping money circulating in local economies instead of bending over for big companies who actively suck wealth out of local economies.
    edited the link in above.

You mean the way it was always done before clever people started paying over the odds for services from national companies.

But hey I won't knock the "Preston Model". Maybe they have already but they could do worse than go and talk to some of their retailers..

I'm sorry to hear about Peter Rankine.. it seemed to me during the sometimes heated debate on PBS he had the good sense to listen to all the advice and say "hang on, lets have a rethink"
    In my view that makes him responsible for breaking decades of terrible planning decisions in Preston.
    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

edited the link in above.
    Cheers, Raef - I'm a committed localist, so that should be very interesting. Will try to listen to it later

EDIT: The article for anyone who hasn't read it - with a podcast, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-back-control

You might be interested in this one, too, Raef - I lived in Witney before moving here, so found this to be a good read that gives a rural perspective:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y-buses-witney
    Last edited by Sepp Blatter; 11-06-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    Cheers, Raef - I'm a committed localist, so that should be very interesting. Will try to listen to it later

EDIT: The article for anyone who hasn't read it - with a podcast, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-back-control

You might be interested in this one, too, Raef - I lived in Witney before moving here, so found this to be a good read that gives a rural perspective:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y-buses-witney
    Im pretty sure a similar thing happened in the Longton/New Longton area with the local parish council funding a service that had been cut by the county council. I know Andy Saville mentioned something about it, hopefully he`ll look on here and tell us more.

Im pretty sure a similar thing happened in the Longton/New Longton area with the local parish council funding a service that had been cut by the county council. I know Andy Saville mentioned something about it, hopefully he`ll look on here and tell us more.
    That would be interesting to hear

Assistant Manager
    I went in Fabb when it opened, shit product and expensive, no wonder it failed.