Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cunningham joins Cardiff (Confirmed)

Youth Team
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    Totally different situations.

Bailey Wright took a backwards step by moving to another championship club clearly for non footballing reasons.

Yes Greg has gone to a club which will probably pay him three times his North End salary but clearly the chance to play in the top flight was key.

I actually think he could have got a better club than Cardiff which actually play a better style of football but maybe that option wasn't there.

I have no issue at all with him moving despite being disappointed at that decision which was made clear early doors. Bailey kept us hanging on for months running down his contract, totally different circumstances.
    If Cardiff had not got promoted and offered him the same terms he would have still wanted to go ,in my opinion. The only think stopping it would have in those in charge at PNE not wanting to sell to a rival.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEroulette View Post
    He could have stayed another year and acted as a role model to the younger Lads (esp the Irish ) and as vice captain supported a push to the premiership with us. Instead he has gone looking for higher wages and what looks like a stint on the subs bench. The chance to play in the Premiership is a red herring in this case ,it's pretty obvious he's just gone for the money ,like Bailey Wright did.
    What a load of shite!

There’s not one fault in Greg Cunningham’s character, I’ve absolutely no doubt that he’ll go and establish himself as their first choice, Warnock has been keen on him for a while. He’s served his time with us extremely professionally, the goodwill messages from his team mates show that. He tried to run off a broken leg for us!

A premier league club has come in, and he’s moved on to better things. Some fans are so bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishtar36 View Post
    What a load of shite!

There’s not one fault in Greg Cunningham’s character, I’ve absolutely no doubt that he’ll go and establish himself as their first choice, Warnock has been keen on him for a while. He’s served his time with us extremely professionally, the goodwill messages from his team mates show that. He tried to run off a broken leg for us!

A premier league club has come in, and he’s moved on to better things. Some fans are so bitter.
    Warnock will be gone by Christmas and Cardiff will be back in the Championship after one season.
    It's just about the money.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pne4ever View Post
    Warnock will be gone by Christmas and Cardiff will be back in the Championship after one season.
    And if they do get relegated but he performs well all season and establishes himself, who’s to say that another Premier League club wouldn’t try and sign him? He’s a premier league standard left back and obviously wages will reflect that.

Do players like Maguire, Ledson, Storey, Barkhuizen etc only join us because of the rise in wages? Or is it because they’re ambitious footballers who want to test themselves at higher levels?

Good luck to him.
    'Say goodbye to the pain of the past. Say hello to the championship. It's his day it's Preston's day'

Trialist
    Quote Originally Posted by pne4ever View Post
    So what if it was about money, he owes the club nothing.

Fans need to remember that players have little affiliation to clubs, they aren't fans they are doing a job.

Greg gave absolutely everything for this club, as pointed out he tried to run off a broken leg. You have the right to be gutted but he has done no wrong.

If he wanted a big pay day then fair play to him, the club doesn't pay those kind of wages so i have no problem with players going if they can get better terms elsewhere its just what happens, we have done the same thing to irish lads, storey, simpson, bodin, ledson, the list goes on.

Stop being such a fanny about it!

Quality LB, quality person and given nothing more than his best for his wages..... If we'd have gone up he'd probably have stayed. We didn't and so he moves on for tripple wages at a higher level that may make him secure for life.. Who wouldn't?.................. And on top of that he's good enough to go even further. Best of luck to him.
    Vote For John Brown

Assistant Manager
    Give it a couple of days, then we'll start seeing the 'he wasn't actually that good' comments. Always happens.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Coaching Staff
    I'm amazed that there has been any negativity about the lad on here. One of our most consistent performers and has conducted himself with professionalism and dignity throughout.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by paddysr View Post
    I'm amazed that there has been any negativity about the lad on here. One of our most consistent performers and has conducted himself with professionalism and dignity throughout.
    Some fans think there is no bigger club than PNE and can’t accept when players move on to bigger things.