Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Who will win the 2018 World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrw View Post
    Indeed, But surely he played for Colombia?

I don't think it is the University that's playing. I think it was just a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    You ignoramus.... do you not remember Valderrama from the 1990's ??

Shocking mass of blonde curly hair....
    I remember Valderma (the spotty Pele) from Bolivia.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    I don't think it is the University that's playing. I think it was just a typo.
    Yes ,indeed it was a typo. For ChrisRW’s benefit, the World Cup is an international football competition played between qualifying countries. Universities are not allowed to enter.

However I can see how having one letter out of place can cause complete confusion, as it must be impossible for some to think of the country I was referring to.

Reading my post again, I also said “assuming ...Mexico ....will will their group”.

Chris must be scratching his head thinking how on earth a country (or University) can bequeath a position in a group competition , and if indeed there is a verb “to will” in this context. Sorry again Chris, I meant “assuming....Mexico.... will win their group” , as in finish top.

Hope that clears it up.
    Last edited by chorleythehord; 18-06-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Well, Chorley, at least you've learned something!

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I might be alone on this one but I prefer an England side with Henderson in it than without.
    This. He seems to have become the butt of people’s jokes but he’s a very important player for England, and Liverpool.

Coaching Staff
    I’ve done the bbc predictor. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...7,15,28,9,28,9

As I posted above there is a potentially decent run to the final opening up for England

What needs to happen:

1 We need to finish second in the group. That means beating panama and drawing with Belgium , but hoping Belgium tonk Tunisia to top the group. ( we could lose to Belgium but would lose momentum)

2 Mexico need to beat South Korea and finish ahead of Germany,who they have already beaten

3 Brazil need to beat Serbia and win their group.

That would mean a possible route to the final of Senegal, Serbia in quarters then Croatia or Spain in the semis.

I still think France will win it, so even with my optimistic hat on, I have us losing the final!

Ps I did similar in the euros and all went to plan until we came up against the mighty Iceland!
    Last edited by chorleythehord; 22-06-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishtar36 View Post
    This. He seems to have become the butt of people’s jokes but he’s a very important player for England, and Liverpool.
    I would say in general most people do appreciate he is decent really. I'd just say England's central midfield options are underwhelming in general given past options and it's difficult accepting that he is now the best of the average bunch.
    Classic Grayson

Mexico - those shirts remind me of Bradford Park Avenue circa 1968. Smokin'.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.