Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Mohamed Eisa

  1. #51
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buckshaw Village
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlandwhites View Post
    People keep saying TH won't spend on a experianced striker so I would rather sign this lad than send a load of money on Moore at Barnsley & if you class him as experianced he failed.
    This lad has a touch of fuller about him. I want us to get the best TH will let us have.
    But if peterbough think he is a good sticker & with there record he will do for me. But can we compete ?
    If we cant compete with Peterborough we might as well pack up & go home now

  2. #52
    Coaching Staff PNEinGranby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    PNE or Granby
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickypne View Post
    The ting is here at moment we are in a position to break our Transfer record if we want. We have approx 12 mill from sales. We have never been in this position so if we want this lad we should pay if we are sure he will do well.
    I'm pretty certain that the issue for signings is not with the transfer fee, but with the wages. As soon as we break our transfer record, the player being bought will view their value to the club on a similar basis. As we seem to have a limit on what we pay players in terms of wages, we would then be in a difficult position. Either having to pay someone above what the others get paid or having to do that and also up the wages of some (or many) of our current squad.

    When you think that the difference between paying someone £10k per week and £20K a week amounts to £520K per annum typically on a 3 year deal, then having to pay that sort of difference would be the equivalent of getting someone on a free transfer as opposed to paying our club record for them.

    I don't understand why people just think about the transfer fee. It is the cost of the total deal including wages, bonuses and agents fees that the club have to look at.

  3. #53
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEinGranby View Post
    I'm pretty certain that the issue for signings is not with the transfer fee, but with the wages. As soon as we break our transfer record, the player being bought will view their value to the club on a similar basis. As we seem to have a limit on what we pay players in terms of wages, we would then be in a difficult position. Either having to pay someone above what the others get paid or having to do that and also up the wages of some (or many) of our current squad.

    When you think that the difference between paying someone £10k per week and £20K a week amounts to £520K per annum typically on a 3 year deal, then having to pay that sort of difference would be the equivalent of getting someone on a free transfer as opposed to paying our club record for them.

    I don't understand why people just think about the transfer fee. It is the cost of the total deal including wages, bonuses and agents fees that the club have to look at.
    He's playing for Cheltenham, if he starts asking for wages of 10k then he's going to be staying at Celtenham.

  4. #54
    Substitute GloucesterPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hardwicke, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    875

    Money

    Quote Originally Posted by buckshawwhite View Post
    If we cant compete with Peterborough we might as well pack up & go home now
    +1

  5. #55
    Coaching Staff PNEinGranby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    PNE or Granby
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickypne View Post
    He's playing for Cheltenham, if he starts asking for wages of 10k then he's going to be staying at Celtenham.
    I wasn't talking about the Cheltenham lad, more about the relationship between our transfer record, budget and wages. But if we do sign a player for say £2M, wherever we get him from, don't expect him not to ask for big wages

  6. #56
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlandwhites View Post
    Peterbough bid over a million turned down.

    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...dium-1-8563882

    We are going to have to up our game if we want a decent striker,
    Peterborough have bid £500k for Charlie Wyke from Bradford. I hope they get him and then that rules out any chance of him finishing up with us.
    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

  7. #57
    Coaching Staff paddysr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    3,259
    Are we actually in for him?

  8. #58
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,628
    Aye, people saying stuff about competing with Peterborough, we've not even been linked to the lad, it's literally just a suggestion on a message board.
    I love you Woodsy.

  9. #59
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Eisa scored a first half hat trick tonight against Cirencester.
    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

  10. #60
    Coaching Staff kbd_pne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    PR2
    Posts
    2,468
    He’s obviously a big talent, just not sure he’s what we’re after from a striker signing this summer in terms of target man / physical / aerial abilities?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •