Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new McGeady

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickypne View Post
    That's stupid.(not your point lol) In today's terms then Sir Tom would have been kicked out at 13.

My mate had trials with PNE and was told by Chris Sulley at the time he was too small, if i remember rightly Chris Sulley was very small. Point is this height thing has been going on for years. Wonder how Messi, Modric, Rakitic, Sterling get on being small. Our most prized asset at PNE is one of the smallest.
    Hazard, Insigne, Iniesta, D. Silva, ... the list is endless. Outdated view.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishtar36 View Post
    Hazard, Insigne, Iniesta, D. Silva, ... the list is endless. Outdated view.
    Ridiculously outdated but still happens in every academy across the country.
    I'm back.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickypne View Post
    That's stupid.(not your point lol) In today's terms then Sir Tom would have been kicked out at 13.

My mate had trials with PNE and was told by Chris Sulley at the time he was too small, if i remember rightly Chris Sulley was very small. Point is this height thing has been going on for years. Wonder how Messi, Modric, Rakitic, Sterling get on being small. Our most prized asset at PNE is one of the smallest.
    I'm not justifying the policy just saying it is what we do...... and for all the stars mentioned there are a lot of 15 yo's who are 'big' and then never grow and others who are small and then shoot past them.

The projection stats show which is likely to happen so a club doesnt sign the 'big kid who becomes a small man' and reject the small kid who becomes and strong man'.

There is a lot of science that proves the rule works - even though the Messi's seem to disprove it.