Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Alan Browne signs new 3 year deal

  1. #51
    League Starter wahwahwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Ah well, you've misunderstood the whole point.

    The problem is that quietly getting on with the job in the background making sensible, long term decisions doesn't show the required level of ambition.

    We should be pissing away the money on expensive highly paid big names (preferably with no re-sale value).
    Simo, your use if irony is shite!

    I...mean....errr..."LOL".
    What a comedian.........!

  2. #52
    Academy Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Good news.

  3. #53
    Forum Patron mapping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,280
    Excellent news....

    Just to think he was recently described by one poster on a match day thread as "being the best player to ever wear a north end shirt, just not when he goes near the ball"
    Great minds discuss ideas.

  4. #54
    Manager Tino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,556
    Quote Originally Posted by mapping View Post
    Excellent news....

    Just to think he was recently described by one poster on a match day thread as "being the best player to ever wear a north end shirt, just not when he goes near the ball"
    Wasn't the same person who said that Pearson never puts a tackle in was it?!

  5. #55
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    15,557
    Quote Originally Posted by pisaac View Post
    I have probably got something wrong here but if I am right then last season was the 5th best season out of 57 years since we were last in the old First Division in 1960/61:

    1964 Cup Final and third in the old Second Division after Leeds and Sunderland
    Championship play-off final against Bolton
    Championship play-off final against West Ham
    Championship play offs losing to Sheffield Utd.

    Think I may have missed another play-offs (Leeds?)
    Exactly being a contender for promotion to the top tier of English football from its second level whatever it might be called is as good as I have ever known it. Making that final leap would be great. But I still get a kick from saying I support Preston North End and that is the main thing.

  6. #56
    Forum Patron mapping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Wasn't the same person who said that Pearson never puts a tackle in was it?!
    Yeah I think so
    Great minds discuss ideas.

  7. #57
    Forum Patron Regardless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,644
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest View Post
    Exactly being a contender for promotion to the top tier of English football from its second level whatever it might be called is as good as I have ever known it. Making that final leap would be great. But I still get a kick from saying I support Preston North End and that is the main thing.
    Exactly. I come from the perspective of an exile, so I hardly ever meet other PNE supporters in day-to-day life... but I do get a kick out of being a PNE supporter.

    And (bringing this thread back towards topic) the pride that I feel is particularly strong at the moment - partly because we have players like Alan Browne in the squad. Players who are establishing a real identity for the team.... players who are committing to the club and staying together for a number of years. Players who have passion, energy... and who are actually rather good!

    When we had the Westley clear-out around 2012 (not necessarily all his decision), I'm sure there was a time when Stuckmann was the longest-serving player (excluding Wright and others who came through our own youth system)¬Ö with about 16 months service to the club. (if anyone can confirm that, I'd be interested). That was a horrendous time.... not just for the football, but for the sense of identity of the club... there was just no continuity, no common thread to the past.

  8. #58
    Substitute
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    473
    Of course it's good news (for the Player and the Club) but letís not get carried away---For the player itís protection and security if he gets injured---For the Club itís a bargaining chip if either the player or another Club comes in for him---Doesnít mean to say he will be here for three years----Player loyalty to a Club these days only means while it suits (and you can say the same for the Club)---And viewing it from a work point of view I canít blame them

  9. #59
    Assistant Manager BeteNoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Farington Moss
    Posts
    9,330
    some brilliant comments from browne as to why he doesn't use an agent, "i had an agent when i first came here as a kid, just to get it done, once that happened, i felt i was at a club where i was happy and could clearly see progression. i thought then, i don't want to be at any other club."

  10. #60
    Forum Patron mapping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by BeteNoir View Post
    some brilliant comments from browne as to why he doesn't use an agent, "i had an agent when i first came here as a kid, just to get it done, once that happened, i felt i was at a club where i was happy and could clearly see progression. i thought then, i don't want to be at any other club."
    Is that a direct quote ? Do you have a link to where he said it ?
    Great minds discuss ideas.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •