Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: FOTA Island Camp

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd_pne View Post
    Maybe the whole Simpson signing thing was overestimated a bit because he was linked to big clubs and our expectations need to be lowered.

He is very young and has no experience our men’s football other than a few appearances in the Conference for Hartlepool and at an even lower level for Lancaster.

It may be years before he’s even close to being considered at Championship level.
    Only reason i questioned it is because O'Reilly is there and he's younger. You of course are correct about his experience but a trip with the Men wouldn't do any harm.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickypne View Post
    Only reason i questioned it is because O'Reilly is there and he's younger. You of course are correct about his experience but a trip with the Men wouldn't do any harm.
    I get the impression O’Reilly is there because he’s Irish.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by richiepne25 View Post
    I get the impression O’Reilly is there because he’s Irish.
    I thought that to but that be a strange reason imo.

Substitute
    We’re obviously trying to make some sort of impression on the Irish with the amount of lads we’ve got from there. We perhaps see it as a way of getting a following from Ireland. I think that’s probably why we wore green and most definitely why Browne and Maguire played 60 mins there and only 30 at Fylde.

Adam O'Reilly is a youngster we have taken on and have great hopes for. If he is part of the training camp, it is because of merit not because he is Irish. Just to put it into perspective, the squad are in a very remote part of the south of Ireland. Whilst the hotel has a superb training facility, it is mainly used by families for summer breaks. When I stayed at the hotel last year, a lot of guests were remarking that we must be some team from England over and had no knowledge of us, nor our Irish born players.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by haggy45 View Post
    Adam O'Reilly is a youngster we have taken on and have great hopes for. If he is part of the training camp, it is because of merit not because he is Irish. Just to put it into perspective, the squad are in a very remote part of the south of Ireland. Whilst the hotel has a superb training facility, it is mainly used by families for summer breaks. When I stayed at the hotel last year, a lot of guests were remarking that we must be some team from England over and had no knowledge of us, nor our Irish born players.
    It would seem a bizarre reason if it was because he was Irish.

It would seem a bizarre reason if it was because he was Irish.
    It isn't.

The manager simply want's to have them around the 1st team sqaud at the moment.

Not sure why so many people are reading so much into this.
    Simples

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Barm View Post
    It isn't.

The manager simply want's to have them around the 1st team sqaud at the moment.

Not sure why so many people are reading so much into this.
    Sorry barm lad, the original inquisition was why would O Rielly be there and not Simpson seen as he was rated highly to