Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Gary Bowyer has resigned

Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    That comment has been smashed out of the court in a wonderful re-match.

Ahh they were the days, spine tingling. 100,000 Blackpool fans on the prom celebrating.
    Aye, I thought I'd rekindle some of the distant, happier memories for you LBD, at the same time as revealing the demigod status with which the O's were regarded among the Tangerine faithful.

You're sure you weren't lording the O's whilst the going was good though. There's enough evidence in just that celebration video to suggest otherwise.

Also, 100,000? A conservative estimate! I've heard the local constabulary approximated that there was in fact half a million Tangerines in attendance at the post promotion celebrations. Fylde council reported that the North Pier actually sank 6ft into the beach under the combined weight of the supporters and their banners sporting Oyston venerating slogans.

I'm sure you can confirm it for us.

Not really as like I say, do you think we were all part of a Back to the Future movie? How we would have known at that point that Oyston would strip the football club following the Premier League windfall? How were we supposed to know that the promise of a new training ground was going to turn out to be a lie? How were we supposed to know that Oyston would start suing fans?

That comment has been smashed out of the court in a wonderful re-match.

Ahh they were the days, spine tingling. 100,000 Blackpool fans on the prom celebrating. A scene PNE could never repeat even in their wildest dreams. I suppose Preston City Centre has been tidied up a little so it wouldn't be that bad.
    Aye 100,000+ Lashers chanting 'Owen Oyston's Tangerine army' and applauding the family loudly !!!!

How times have changed ....
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

In my opinion, yes.
    Shut up, you absolutely fucking massive fat flabby ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    You forget our late Tax Return, our Takeover, our Cost Cuttings, Maurice fucking Lindsay, 6 falsely accused players of illegal wrong doings, Ferguson Snr and Pulis recalling half of the 1st team on ONE DAY!, Graham Westley!!... I could add more but you get the gist of what I am saying.

It wasn't all sweetness and light here either yet we stuck by our team, through thinner and thinner whilst you lot (and Burnley) were lording it up at the top table. We couldn't even afford crumbs off said table.

You lot however bailed out at the 1st minor sign of distress (L2). Rats evacuating the ship springs to mind whereas we played the role of the Captain and his Crew when both were in L1.

Anyway, the cream always rises to the top. Meanwhile, you lot remain the bitter sediments at the bottom of a glass after a £1-99 bottle of cheap red has been guzzled.
    You were just skint and poor management. A bit different to asset stripping and suing your own fans. The fact you are comparing the two is rather silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
    Was that a gag?
    Ahh what a coincidence. You must be proud of me Doc citing your films to win an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston1880 View Post
    Shut up, you absolutely fucking massive fat flabby ass.
    Hiya.

You were just skint and poor management. A bit different to asset stripping and suing your own fans. The fact you are comparing the two is rather silly.
    We were going into administration. Which technically meant we couldíve ceased to exist. You lot thought it was hilarious.

Now the shoes on the other foot and itís all boo Hoo and tantrums.

Gloryhunting wankers, tough shit.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Reserve Team
    You stopped supporting when your owner sued someone but not when he raped someone? Either that isn't the real reason you don't go on any more or you've got a truly fucked up moral code

Like I said, not relevant. Didn't affect the football club. Like I say, should Plymouth fans boycott because one of their players killed a kid through drink driving?

You don't start boycotting because of what someone has done in their personal live, no matter how sick or twisted. If you deny this, you are lying.
    I seem to remember a few away fans boycotting the club, also it did affect the club, it's image at the time. Taking back some money, even loaning some out didn't affect the club, you nearly went back up. So stop being a dick and except your a glory hunter.
    3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Like I said, not relevant. Didn't affect the football club. Like I say, should Plymouth fans boycott because one of their players killed a kid through drink driving?

You don't start boycotting because of what someone has done in their personal live, no matter how sick or twisted. If you deny this, you are lying.
    Personally I would. The last time PNE were close to signing someone I was opposed to on moral grounds I wrote to the club to express my concerns and explain why. I recieved a detailed reply from the manager thanking me for highlighting something he wasn't aware of and looked in to.

We did not re-sign David Healy. If we had, I would have taken further appropriate action.

I trust that for rather more serious issues like killing children, due diligence would be done on prospective signings and the message that would send out. You lot would sign anyone if they were cheap enough, Nile Ranger, Lee Hughes, Andy Todd etc etc
    Still laughing at the Cesspool keyboard protesters