Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Security

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    This is something which has already been explained and is linked to the way the latest V Bulletin software works. Well done on having another dig btw.
    Not a dig, a question. It appears if i'm logged off, but not if i'm logged in. What's going on there?

Preachs PA

Forum Security

It was me who mentioned the letís encrypt stuff, itís actually safari that complains Iíve now twigged which is potentially due to the addresses registered in the certificate which safari looks to be more stringent on than chrome in terms of trust. Sorry for any confusion

( and just to back up JK he did mention over the last few months in the mod forum that he had been attempting to contact you to take you up on your offer to help should he be able to get hold of the admin of the site)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jakehake View Post
    It was me who mentioned the letís encrypt stuff, itís actually safari that complains Iíve now twigged which is potentially due to the addresses registered in the certificate which safari looks to be more stringent on than chrome in terms of trust. Sorry for any confusion
    Ta. Safari actually works fine from my experience, the two things to make sure you've done though are:

1. Put all variants in the cert (pne-online.net, www.pne-online.net etc)
    2. Make sure you have the intermediate cert in there too https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/

EDIT: Again, i've had no contact whatsoever. I'm interested to see those emails that were sent. I check my spam folder daily, too.

EDIT2: Here's a site I host for my wife that works fine with Safari and uses LE: https://hendyisaac.com/
    Last edited by sofaofthedamned; 08-08-2018 at 09:49 PM.

The offer of my flange still stands lads, just to be clear.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    The offer of my flange still stands lads, just to be clear.
    Weve moved on now to Flange 2.11/013 You havent updated yours for years.
    change has never been gifted from above, it has always been fought for by people demanding it.

Bloody hell- I only asked All this technical stuff is beyond an old git like me
    With my luck I'll be at the airport when my boat comes in

I've got some old false teeth I've collected over the years. I don't know if they will help but they're free to a good home if it helps.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race