Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Daryl Horgan Sold to Hibs (Confirmed)

  1. #81
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,341
    Yep. Wasn't good enough. Similar standard to May. Both now at a level where they belong.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

  2. #82
    Assistant Manager PROF!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Castle in the sky
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by ben damph View Post
    The Scottish transfer window is still open (as are a lot of windows around Europe) so English clubs can still sell players, but can't buy them.
    Ahhh thanks for that.
    "HEAVE!!!"...MY PROMOTION PUSH I HATE COVENTRY!!!!!

  3. #83
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Longridge
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldygit View Post
    We missed him today. Might have had more crosses into box when badly needed in second half
    We definitely didn't need floated crosses into row Z yesterday.

    Nothing against Horgan, he looked great when he first came with his energy but as someone else said, I can only see him being an out and out winger in a 4-4-2 and his final ball was nowhere near good enough for this level. Neil knew this which is why he used him sparingly.

    Wish him well and for me the only thing missing is that final ball. I'd have had him and Gally in the corner at Springfields all summer teaching him to whip a proper cross in.

  4. #84
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    7,534
    He came on from the bench for Hibs today.

  5. #85
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldygit View Post
    We missed him today. Might have had more crosses into box when badly needed in second half
    The only box Horgan would be getting his crosses near to would be the director's box. Great energy but his crosses are probably the worst I've seen from a winger.

  6. #86
    Manager Tino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,458
    I do find it a little odd that Horgan's crosses are always analysed and picked up on but there are others who are equally as wasteful. I can barely remember any crosses even coming in from Barkhuizen recently and Robinson seems to like putting the ball into the seats just as much. Oh well, it was clear from pretty much this time last season that Neil didn't like him and it seems once he's made his mind up that's it. Harsh to criticise Horgan though when he's barely given any time and it always appeared he was overly desperate to have an impact in the game due to lack of playing time. Can't be easy getting 5-10 minutes here and there.

    It's also seems a bit of a swing on club strategy to suddenly have 3 or maybe 4 loan players.

  7. #87
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    I do find it a little odd that Horgan's crosses are always analysed and picked up on but there are others who are equally as wasteful. I can barely remember any crosses even coming in from Barkhuizen recently and Robinson seems to like putting the ball into the seats just as much. Oh well, it was clear from pretty much this time last season that Neil didn't like him and it seems once he's made his mind up that's it. Harsh to criticise Horgan though when he's barely given any time and it always appeared he was overly desperate to have an impact in the game due to lack of playing time. Can't be easy getting 5-10 minutes here and there.

    It's also seems a bit of a swing on club strategy to suddenly have 3 or maybe 4 loan players.
    I understand what you say about Horgan possibly being desperate to impress in his fairly limited game time but he must have failed to impress AN and the other coaches sufficiently in the matches and in the training sessions too.

    They're the experts and they analyse the performances of all our players (playing and training) so they know far, far more than any one of us.

    One or two frustrating issues at present but overall who's unhappy with the progress we've made under AN or with our prospects with him at the helm? Not many at all I'd guess.

    Correct decision to sell Horgan IMHO and if/when other players consistently fail to maintain the high standards expected then it'll be time for them to leave.

  8. #88
    Coaching Staff kbd_pne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    PR2
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    It's also seems a bit of a swing on club strategy to suddenly have 3 or maybe 4 loan players.
    Circumstances recently dictated that though with the injuries to Maguire and Bodin. If you replace them with permanents, firstly it’s difficult to do that at short notice, and also we’ve got a lot of players on long-term contracts in one position when they’re back.

    That said, we have had months to sign a target man, which has obviously been on AN’s wishlist since January 31. The money clearly wasn’t there to go out and buy one in this market, despite all the money we’ve brought in, hence why we’re probably looking at a loan again.

  9. #89
    Manager Tino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,458
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd_pne View Post
    Circumstances recently dictated that though with the injuries to Maguire and Bodin. If you replace them with permanents, firstly it’s difficult to do that at short notice, and also we’ve got a lot of players on long-term contracts in one position when they’re back.

    That said, we have had months to sign a target man, which has obviously been on AN’s wishlist since January 31. The money clearly wasn’t there to go out and buy one in this market, despite all the money we’ve brought in, hence why we’re probably looking at a loan again.
    Replacing Bodin and Maguire with loans made perfect sense, particularly as they look to be high class loans who should make a really good impact this season.

    But selling Horgan and Moult and replacing with loans, if that is what we end up doing is the bit that seems at odds with what we've been trying to do in recent years. Unless there's the "it will become a permanent deal in January" attached to it like Sheff Utd have done with Norwood.

    Maybe there just isn't a 'target man' that we can afford permanently. Until we see who (if anyone) comes in up front it's hard to judge at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •