Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What Are You Listening To? - Page 298
Page 298 of 304 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3034

Thread: What Are You Listening To?

  1. #2971
    First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Lancs
    Posts
    1,061
    'Damned Damned Damned'. Can't believe it's 40 years old. I think I'd be correct in saying, 'The first album released by a British punk band'.

  2. #2972
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,221
    Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    'Damned Damned Damned'. Can't believe it's 40 years old. I think I'd be correct in saying, 'The first album released by a British punk band'.
    Indeed....and the Damned's 'New Rose' was the first real British punk single.

  3. #2973
    First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Lancs
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Indeed....and the Damned's 'New Rose' was the first real British punk single.
    Correct Harry. The B side was a version of The Beatles, 'Help'. Guns N Roses did a cover of 'New Rose' on one of their albums.

  4. #2974
    Youth Team Saskwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The flattest place on earth
    Posts
    139
    Just listened to Joe's Garage by frank Zappa for the first time today. I thought it was pretty cool

  5. #2975
    Substitute
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskwhite View Post
    Just listened to Joe's Garage by frank Zappa for the first time today. I thought it was pretty cool
    Yep Frank was a musical genius. Had it all Jo's garage,Hot Rats, Sheik yer bottie (sp) some crap in his legacy but an awful lot of pure genius. People talk about bands and artists that are one offs the majority of which in my opinion is over hyped (Bowie for one) but Frank was unique and I loved him for that. He was going to run for President but unfortunately he died. Now that would have been something

  6. #2976
    Youth Team Saskwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The flattest place on earth
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtow View Post
    Yep Frank was a musical genius. Had it all Jo's garage,Hot Rats, Sheik yer bottie (sp) some crap in his legacy but an awful lot of pure genius. People talk about bands and artists that are one offs the majority of which in my opinion is over hyped (Bowie for one) but Frank was unique and I loved him for that. He was going to run for President but unfortunately he died. Now that would have been something
    He was an interesting character that's for sure.

  7. #2977
    serial killer of note 222Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hiding down with the rats.
    Posts
    4,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallye View Post
    That's more like it!

  8. #2978
    Assistant Manager MrHodgeheg123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN THE DOG HOUSE.......AGAIN
    Posts
    5,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Indeed....and the Damned's 'New Rose' was the first real British punk single.
    Eddie and the hot rods. Live at the Marquee EP. Not a single as such but arguably the first punk on vinyl.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

  9. #2979
    ANARCHIST Nobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    never been in the clink
    Posts
    43,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Indeed....and the Damned's 'New Rose' was the first real British punk single.
    Simply brilliant. Listened to this today in the car.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

  10. #2980
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    15,422
    One of the best remixes EVER.

    East Midlands Branch

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •