Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Forum Accounts Summary 2009

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    The truth tho, I do look around other forums, especially away forums and quite honestly, even with its technical issues there are none that can match this one. the range of subjects discussed is enormous and as a historical archive theres little to touch it. Its fair to say we all argue like cat and dog at times but i bet theres few that none of us wouldnt sit down with to have a pint!

I can live with the bugs but the loss of this forum completely would be a disater.
    I wouldn't go within 5 miles of a pub you were in............
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by billymac View Post
    The site has suffered from a lack of direction and professional input to improve many items with the constant (it's Dai's trainset so our hands are tied) drivel.

So this place is going to be passed to you JK? or did I read that wrong???

No agenda just a way of the members having a fully functioning site run by great people for nothing other than their enjoyment, oh and if my face doesn't fit so what, I would give assurances to fund it properly with immediate effect, lose the subs/patronage element and have it for everyone.

You and Shabz seem scared to support this but are happy to carry on with something that (some) members are paying for not functioning well so that it will be passed to you????? talk about feathering your own nest at others costs!!!!!

I find it quite insulting that this is your intended plan, fiddle while Rome burns in the hope you can take over with little or no financial input. Maybe you are too close to this JK and the whole thing needs a fresh approach (the 3 admins have been in place for a very long time) where others can bring new ideas and money to improve this place not just let it dawdle along kind of rudderless.
    I am not saying that YOU and the other reds have not done your best, however............................

Bill

Genuine question because I don't understand what you mean... Why would you do away with patronage and what do you mean by " for everyone "?...... I'm guessing that by " for everyone " you mean starting polls etc?...
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Bill

Genuine question because I don't understand what you mean... Why would you do away with patronage and what do you mean by " for everyone "?...... I'm guessing that by " for everyone " you mean starting polls etc?...
    Yes Libs, I would do away with members having to pay to make this place work, this creates a kind of "higher tier" meaning ordinary members cannot vote on forum matters, cannot stand to be mods etc but probably contribute in terms of content far more than many "patrons" do.

Just for the record, JK and the admins do a great job with their hands tied behind their backs due to the lack of input from the owner, it would never be my intention to alter this system just support the bloody thing properly.
    clingron gone
    (more's the pity)

Quote Originally Posted by billymac View Post
    Yes Libs, I would do away with members having to pay to make this place work, this creates a kind of "higher tier" meaning ordinary members cannot vote on forum matters, cannot stand to be mods etc but probably contribute in terms of content far more than many "patrons" do.

Just for the record, JK and the admins do a great job with their hands tied behind their backs due to the lack of input from the owner, it would never be my intention to alter this system just support the bloody thing properly.

Thanks , I understand now but don't quite see how a free for all ( every Tom Dick and Lasher ) could be omitted from making a mockery of the site..................... I know some people can't afford it and that's fair enough and unfortunate but without that " higher tier " ( which I also understand your dislike of ), how would things be policed and genuine opinions be gained?..............I think what I'm trying to say ( badly ) is that fiver a year is a bit of an insurance policy against a free for all joke of a site...And no doubt it helps with the upkeep too.
    Vote For John Brown