Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1144

Thread: Game of Thrones

Assistant Manager
    That's good. I've loved TV for over 40 years and I like it that GOT makes headlines.

It doesn't grab me emotionally though.

I cried when Anthony Edwards' character died in ER. He'd been in 182 episodes though and I'd watched them all.

I think the fact that the axe seems to be permanently hanging over every character, which is conventionally cited as the show's greatest strength, is perhaps it's greatest weakness.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    That's good. I've loved TV for over 40 years and I like it that GOT makes headlines.

It doesn't grab me emotionally though.

I cried when Anthony Edwards' character died in ER. He'd been in 182 episodes though and I'd watched them all.

I think the fact that the axe seems to be permanently hanging over every character, which is conventionally cited as the show's greatest strength, is perhaps it's greatest weakness.
    was that the guy who played goose who died of the brain tumour?
    Yeah , that was some upsetting shit ! I was gutted myself !
    Also when Pratt died with the blood clot in the neck after being shot .

I used to love ER gotta admit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Assistant Manager
    Aye that's right. The nearest it got to GOT was when Rocket Romano, a villain worthy of a place in House Lannister, lost his arm to the chopper.

Game of Thrones

Having never bothered with game of thrones, I decided 3 weeks ago to watch the 1st episode. The lads at work had been banging on about it for years.

Tonight, just 3 weeks later I've watched episode 4 of Series 7. It's been an epic. 3, sometimes 4 hours a night. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

I only discovered this thread a couple of days ago and have read the lot, an epic in itself !

Problem is now, I have to wait like everyone else. The wife thinks I'm off my head. Watching it all at once has been fantastic, watching the characters grow and age. For me Arya has been the stand out storyline all the way through and she certainly isn't finished yet.

The story line and the acting has been brilliant to the extent of making me despise some of the characters so much I've begun to like them.

64 hours So far. One bloody epic TV show. Would have been brilliant in the cinema, but damned expensive !!!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrys Cat View Post
    Having never bothered with game of thrones, I decided 3 weeks ago to watch the 1st episode. The lads at work had been banging on about it for years.

Tonight, just 3 weeks later I've watched episode 4 of Series 7. It's been an epic. 3, sometimes 4 hours a night. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

I only discovered this thread a couple of days ago and have read the lot, an epic in itself !

Problem is now, I have to wait like everyone else. The wife thinks I'm off my head. Watching it all at once has been fantastic, watching the characters grow and age. For me Arya has been the stand out storyline all the way through and she certainly isn't finished yet.

The story line and the acting has been brilliant to the extent of making me despise some of the characters so much I've begun to like them.

64 hours So far. One bloody epic TV show. Would have been brilliant in the cinema, but damned expensive !!!!
    I've done nearly exactly the same thing, episode 1 series 1 watched in June, now fully up to date. Very strange having to wait 7 days for an episode. I only started watching when I was certain it was going to have a conclusion, as I don't like open ended series like Lost where we never find out "the answer".

I have loved the way it seems to be inspired by a lot of British history. I'm Totally gripped now, to the extent I keenly follow the betting odds on who is going to end up on the Iron throne . I figured something real bad might happen to Jamie when he drifted right out to 150/1 last week.

It's hard to see past Danaeris when you saw what those dragons can do to an army this week, but I just think there will be a twist.

If it is true to the Battle of the Roses theme there will be a marriage to unite 2 of the houses and broker peace, though we may have already had that with doomed marriage of Sansa Stark to the evil Lannister inbred child. Alternatively I really fancy littlefinger as a 66/1 wild card , sort of Oliver Cromwell, type.

If it's true to its own unpredictability then series 8 will be man vs the White Walkers and the last minute of the last episode will have the Night King fiendishly smiling on the throne, with dead Starks all around him, and the titles starting to roll.

Can't wait.
    Last edited by chorleythehord; 10-08-2017 at 01:08 AM.

I agree. She'd be my cheeky 10 bet for ending up on the throne. I actually quite like having a week to wait before the next episode, it increases the anticipation. The problem is going to be waiting for season 8...

Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    I've done nearly exactly the same thing, episode 1 series 1 watched in June, now fully up to date. Very strange having to wait 7 days for an episode. I only started watching when I was certain it was going to have a conclusion, as I don't like open ended series like Lost where we never find out "the answer".

I have loved the way it seems to be inspired by a lot of British history. I'm Totally gripped now, to the extent I keenly follow the betting odds on who is going to end up on the Iron throne . I figured something real bad might happen to Jamie when he drifted right out to 150/1 last week.

It's hard to see past Danaeris when you saw what those dragons can do to an army this week, but I just think there will be a twist.

If it is true to the Battle of the Roses theme there will be a marriage to unite 2 of the houses and broker peace, though we may have already had that with doomed marriage of Sansa Stark to the evil Lannister inbred child. Alternatively I really fancy littlefinger as a 66/1 wild card , sort of Oliver Cromwell, type.

If it's true to its own unpredictability then series 8 will be man vs the White Walkers and the last minute of the last episode will have the Night King fiendishly smiling on the throne, with dead Starks all around him, and the titles starting to roll.

Can't wait.
    Never too late to join the party lads.

Welcome to you both.
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Enjoy...this is excellent

Preston's very own Jackpot Golden Boys.

RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Thorium Indium Potassium
    I've just got back off holiday so only just seen Ep4 after trying and succeeding to avoid all spoilers. Wow.

Im loving the relationship and interaction between Jon and Danaerys, its everything I hoped it would be.

I'll say it again, nothing has got me as immersed and as involved as GoT, I get goose bumps after each episode.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit attrocities." Voltaire
    https://humanism.org.uk/

4 massive events in E6 and E7 will blow you all away.

I can't wait.
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12