Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guild Wheel - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Guild Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    The original plans I saw showed D'urton lane permanently closed at the A6 end for exactly the reasons you suggest?
    Yeah, it's going to be blocked off at the A6 end, which it should have been years ago IMO, but there's going to be a massive increase in the traffic using D'Urton Lane if it's the main access to the by-pass from Eastway by the North Preston Employment area.

Prior to the works it was a rat run for those who came into Preston on the A6 and now potentially the majority of traffic using Eastway could use it as the signs will direct people down it.

The section of D'Urton Lane that is definitely going to be used is it's widest part so that should be perfectly fine but it's where it joins with Eastway that could be the issue. In solving one issue with the queues at Broughton lights it could create another issue.
    Jillhad - a peaceful and tolerant fight back

Did the wheel tonight
    I have to say it's a tad overgrown in places to the point of being single file
    The shared space signs really do need to be observed to avoid any accidents. Especially with young ones

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Did the wheel tonight
    I have to say it's a tad overgrown in places to the point of being single file
    The shared space signs really do need to be observed to avoid any accidents. Especially with young ones
    You cycled it ??

Wow, at your age you really need to be careful....... Besides, i bet you in lycra, is not such a good look !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    You cycled it ??

Wow, at your age you really need to be careful....... Besides, i bet you in lycra, is not such a good look !!
    i did and at my age its a miracle of biblical proportions

Antbody know the story of the big house on Durton Lane that's empty, its in between the 2 new housing estates, i often wonder about it when i cycle past.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/tributes-p...ward-1-8729684

RIP......and thank you for your creation.