+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded `Search` for patrons?

Assistant Manager Bardas is a PNE-Online Patron

Upgraded `Search` for patrons?

The 60 second` wait between searches` can be a pain in the neck on this forum in certain situations...like if you`re trying to find an old post.

Ok, it`s no big deal, but as an ex-mod , not subject to this limitation, it strikes me that the ability to search instantly really did make a difference to how I used the site.

Obviously, this is down to tech stuff like bandwidth. But just wondered if it was possible to expand this facility to all patrons, which would give them a real benefit for their donations?

Assistant Manager edgy is a PNE-Online Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    The 60 second` wait between searches` can be a pain in the neck on this forum in certain situations...like if you`re trying to find an old post.

Ok, it`s no big deal, but as an ex-mod , not subject to this limitation, it strikes me that the ability to search instantly really did make a difference to how I used the site.

Obviously, this is down to tech stuff like bandwidth. But just wondered if it was possible to expand this facility to all patrons, which would give them a real benefit for their donations?

It's simply down to the fact that the electrikery in Wales is slower.
    This decision was made when the electric air pump was released as on standard power there is an overload due to the number of Leicestershire blue faced ewes being filled at one time
    You can buy fashion - but you can't buy style

Coaching Staff

It should be expanded. Shortening that time could be invaluable when trying to dig the dirt on someone, perhaps just before another poster steals your thunder from memory.

Sorry, there are no new posts to view.

You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here

Ah, ok then, I`ll click the `here`....

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between searches. Please try again in 57 seconds.

Moderator gazzaholly is a Moderator
    gazzaholly is a PNE-Online Patron
    Not a bad shout at all. Will flag it up for you in the mod forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzaholly View Post
    Not a bad shout at all. Will flag it up for you in the mod forum.

Cheers.

Not a big issue, but summat to `enhance the user experience of patrons`, if technically feasible, can only be positive.

Senior Mod Squad JK is a Moderator
    JK is a PNE-Online Patron
    Cheers.

Not a big issue, but summat to `enhance the user experience of patrons`, if technically feasible, can only be positive.
    Agree fella.

It's something we are looking into. We are always looking at ways to give benefits to our forum patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    Agree fella.

It's something we are looking into. We are always looking at ways to give benefits to our forum patrons.
    You should run the Ambassador scheme.

IN PETER WE TRUST
    "Living The Dream"

Administrator | Designer Jimbo is an Administrator
    Jimbo is a PNE-Online Patron
    I have removed the search timer across the forum - this is a probational trial to ensure that there are no detrimental effects on the performance or resources of the forum.
    "He is the danger man, no danger"

Excellent.....didn`t expect such a fast response, well done, Admin.

+ Reply to Thread