Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sixth Best 5K Moor Park 24th November 2013 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Sixth Best 5K Moor Park 24th November 2013

  1. #31
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    17,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhagwan H View Post
    Did a half marathon at Blackpool in April 2009, had hip surgery in Sept 2009, so no more running for me. Did 2 hrs 8 mins which was good for 42 year old with my fitness, never missed a training session. Pissed off can't still do it, as was really getting into it. can only run without pain for 30 mins now. Never felt so called when I finished. Had a massive KFC soon after. They reckon you burn at least 3000 cals doing one!!!
    I didn't the great north run in 2012 and couldn't walk for a week afterwards

  2. #32
    Coaching Staff CJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by lea_pne View Post
    Spoke to Steve today who puts this race on and he said this year will probably be the last . Pity as I can't make it again and have never run it yet.
    That's a shame. I'm sure lots of money has been raised for various good causes, not least the hospice that helped Paul and his family.

    I'll get my entry in today.

  3. #33
    Coaching Staff CJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by lea_pne View Post
    Spoke to Steve today who puts this race on and he said this year will probably be the last . Pity as I can't make it again and have never run it yet.
    Noticed that Steve is the man behind the Run Preston event as well, i'll be having another bash at the 10k later this month, then jogging round the 2k with my daughter.

    Anyone else having a trot?

  4. #34
    Coaching Staff sussexrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Noticed that Steve is the man behind the Run Preston event as well, i'll be having another bash at the 10k later this month, then jogging round the 2k with my daughter.

    Anyone else having a trot?
    How did you get on? I see the winner had dogs get in his way ,still done it in a good time though i normally get round in 44-47 minutes.

    http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2016/09...harged-by-dog/
    85% of people are stupid, I am so glad I am in the 10% of the clever ones.

  5. #35
    Coaching Staff CJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by sussexrob View Post
    How did you get on? I see the winner had dogs get in his way ,still done it in a good time though i normally get round in 44-47 minutes.

    http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2016/09...harged-by-dog/
    Funny you should mention dogs as i'm in the doghouse after Sunday. I'd entered both races but was up all night boozing on Saturday, was going to duck both but i still ran the 2k with the little 'un after a bollocking off her indoors.

  6. #36
    Manager Regardless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,971
    Quote Originally Posted by lea_pne View Post
    Spoke to Steve today who puts this race on and he said this year will probably be the last . Pity as I can't make it again and have never run it yet.
    So... is it on this year?

  7. #37
    Substitute lea_pne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Our House
    Posts
    500
    Just checked with Steve it is on Sunday 27th November.

    Full details next week on - http://www.ukroadraces.info/events_entry_forms_2016.htm

  8. #38
    Coaching Staff CJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by lea_pne View Post
    Just checked with Steve it is on Sunday 27th November.

    Full details next week on - http://www.ukroadraces.info/events_entry_forms_2016.htm
    Managed to catch last years event, do you know if it's being run this year? I can't find any info on the net. I did notice that this years Run Preston event is going to be the last due to spiraling costs. It's not looking good for road running on a few different levels, apart from the cost of putting a race on, most of the competitors at the last few races i've done have been veterans and the women outnumber the blokes. If you can run sub 6 min miles you could win a good few smaller races whereas back in the 80's at the height of the running boom you'd have to be running nearer to 5 min miles to get a place.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •