Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New pub for Preston? - Page 35
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: New pub for Preston?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine79 View Post
    Anyone knows what kind of places Ye Olde Hob Inn or Cavendish Arms are? I've never been there, but some friends are inviting me over the next weekend, so I'm looking for a place to go out and have some mild fun. I'm not an expert on pubs and restaurants, so I have to ask around, but those online reviews don't tell me anything, as always.
    Ye Olde Hob Inn is on the very end of Station Road whilst the Cavendish Arms is in the village of Brindle that lies between Clayton Brook and Houghton. I've never been to the Hob but it's a Holts pub and I've been told it does decent food with Holt's cask ale on the bar which isn't too bad. The Cavendish is a Marston's pub so the ale will be bland and mass produced but again, the food is pretty decent. It's location and decor give it the feel of a traditional country pub.

Both places have websites http://www.holtpubco.co.uk/ye-olde-hob-inn.html - https://www.thecavendishbrindle.co.uk/

Transfer Target
    Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    Don't frequent those, but ye olde hob inn looks like a posh food place/gastro pub place? seen pics of the food, if it tastes as good as it looks.........
    yes, I guess it's a gastro pub, and quite posh for that matter. Not exactly my first choice, but curious about the food as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Ah, thank you, I'll take a look.

Believe it or not Chorley has a new micropub, this time a Rock & Blues themed bar called 'Lucky 8's'.

Located on Cheapside the bar is offering 'craft beer and good music'. However whilst the music side looks rather good the beer consists of Dortmunder Vier Pils, Motorhead Lager and Guinness Hophouse 13 Lager on draught and a few bottles of Robinson's Trooper and Brewdog Punk IPA in the fridge. No cask ale at this time.

Back in Preston not a lot is happening at the mo. After a very succesful birthday weekend The Moorbrook will be having a second 'festival' August bank holiday. Whilst the birthday weekend was based around great beer from smaller breweries that not many people had heard of the August weekend is likely to have some big guns (Cloudwater, Magic Rock, Sirencraft, Tiny Rebel etc) on offer combined with the same great food that flew out last month. Could be a loooooong Saturday for me if North End are at home that weekend.

Elsewhere the Keg offerings at The Guild Ale House have taken a noted step up in recent weeks. Cloudwater Imperial IPA is currently on with the infamous 'Stay Puft' marshmallow porter from Tiny Rebel but both are selling very quickly. Beers from Rivington, Hawkshead and Torrside breweries await.

Plau still isn't open.

The Angel has reopened on Lune Street. Went in last night and it was dead.

Lots of gins on offer, two real ales from the South Ribble brewery, the one which we tried tasted like it was drawn straight out of the Ribble it self.

Nasty.
    Bill Hicks was right about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Manson View Post
    The Angel has reopened on Lune Street. Went in last night and it was dead.

Lots of gins on offer, two real ales from the South Ribble brewery, the one which we tried tasted like it was drawn straight out of the Ribble it self.

Nasty.
    Yeah that stuff isn't great nor is the Bishops Crook stuff from Lostock Hall they've had on. Went in with the missus a couple of weeks ago because the cocktails are decent and i went for the Czech lager, Staropramen's 4% stuff which was perfect fir the heat.

As with your visit though, it was also dead but with no cask on.

In a village full of idiots who will never understand!
    Haighton Manor has a decent few on - but 4 notes a pint...

Quote Originally Posted by WFG View Post
    Haighton Manor has a decent few on - but 4 notes a pint...
    Nice place,

Great food,

Big wallet!
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.