Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New pub for Preston? - Page 39
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: New pub for Preston?

Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    Unicorn looks like it's gone, whether it's Permanent or not, anyone heard anything? it was decent when they did real ales, sadly that was some time ago, http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2017/08...-a-final-pint/
    Heard a few things about this. The landlord at the Moorbrook has been saying for a while that Trust Inns were trying to sell the place and then the Canterbury Hall developers moved in and have since bought the place. It's immediate future is as a site office but after that it seems it will either be more student flats or a student bar given it's location.

However given the Variety/Hearts of Oak, Queen Vic, E=MC2 Bar, Mitre Tavern, Northern Star and a couple of other pubs I forget the name of couldn't survive in the middle of studentsville I can't see The Unicorn making a go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    http://www.lep.co.uk/news/infamous-p...life-1-6813156

Interesting, and its the Continental people again.
    Saw the date of the originial post of this thread (30/08/14) and had to laugh. It has been three years almost and Plau still hasn't opened, has to be some sort of record?!

Been told though it will DEFINITELY be September with this weekend's Gin Festival at The Plungington Hotel being a show case for what Plau will be offering drinks wise.

In a village full of idiots who will never understand!
    My local when I first started drinking as been boarded-up, maybe to never open again...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vb6EMiIqrK...0/IMG_0006.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WFG View Post
    My local when I first started drinking as been boarded-up, maybe to never open again...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vb6EMiIqrK...0/IMG_0006.jpg
    the gamull
    when i was young i had no sense
    i brought a flute for 50 pence
    the only tune i could play
    was fuck the P_ _ _ and the I_ _

Chorley has seen the first of its many micropubs shut. The D'Owd Inn, which hadn't been open 12 months, has closed and is looking for a new owner. However the number of mini-establishments in Chorley won't drop for long as another empty shop unit is set to be converted into a purveyor of alcoholic refreshment.

Hopefully the owners of the new place will learn from the D'Owd Inn's failure that micropub's tend to focus on good ale and they aren't just a scaled down pub for selling Fosters, Strongbow and John Smith's smooth.

Just read the 55th Club has shut and ceased trading - staff lost their jobs

Gary from the Guild Ale House has revealed he is set to open a 'Craft & Cocktail Bar' within the new covered market. With an entrances from the market and the outside Gary will be able to stay open when the rest of the units have shut for the day.

The plan is to have a combo of keg taps and bottles/cans with maybe a cask pump or two. The focus will be on more modern 'craft' beer from the likes of Cloudwater, Magic Rock, Buxton, Kernel Brewery etc with a menu of 10 to 12 cocktails, Gin, Prosecco etc.

The new market is set to open on 4th December but Gary has accepted he will have to go some to get the bar ready before Christmas even if he is allowed in early to start work.