Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: New pub for Preston?

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Not much to report on at the mo bar the official announcement that The Ale Emporium is up for sale at a surprisingly low £54k. Not really a surprise as the now separated owners are looking to go their different ways. As much as I initially liked the place when I first started going in (I somehow missed Bittersuite completely) it didn't take long for The Moorbrook and Guild Ale House to overtake it in terms of variety of ale, atmosphere, decor etc. Good luck to whoever takes it over.

The only other 'news' is Plau are making noises about being ready to open soon. I won't hold my breath!
    Have you been to The Filling Factory yet?

Quote Originally Posted by shabbagaz View Post
    Landlord/tenant has left already apparently.
    That isn't a shock given he was the main ale drinker in there. He sits near us at North End and I've seen him at a fair few away games this season, very rarely has he been sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Have you been to The Filling Factory yet?
    I have been once with the missus who wanted to check out the mobile cocktail van that visits every Friday. Very impressed with the setup they've got there. Three decent cask ales, two keg beers and Krombacher pils/weißbier. The landlord of the Moorbrook told me many craft breweries get their ale kegged there so they could potentially sell any number of beers. Will definitely be going back, maybe even this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    Another pub with potential if it can attract the right sort of landlord.
    Absolutely and given the catalogue the landlord had when I made my only visit, Heineken are willing to let the cask side be free of tie.

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    I have been once with the missus who wanted to check out the mobile cocktail van that visits every Friday. Very impressed with the setup they've got there. Three decent cask ales, two keg beers and Krombacher pils/weißbier. The landlord of the Moorbrook told me many craft breweries get their ale kegged there so they could potentially sell any number of beers. Will definitely be going back, maybe even this weekend.
    I've been a few times, I really like it, I was just wondering what you thought.

Correct about the range of beers, the owner told me the same. He also has a licence that covers pretty much anything and was hoping to put on some sort of summer music event.

Coaching Staff
    QUOTE=Tino;2407083]Have you been to The Filling Factory yet?[/QUOTE]

I've been a few times & must say that I am impressed.. Some nice ales & a good atmosphere. Good that they have also started to have local bands on too