Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: New pub for Preston?

Trialist
    Rich from the Moorbrook is taking over the Hearts of Oak, opening in September. Leasing from the pubco but has a bit of freedom on beer choice. Expect a rename/rebrand, premises improvement and food offering, in addition to good beer. Nice little crawl in the offing come September- Orchard, Market Tavern, Plug and Taps, Plau, whatever HoO becomes then up to the MB. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manager
    https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/0...r-preston-pub/

Hope it takes off, these vinyl bars are popping up all over, hopefully its a hit with the student hipsters.

Manager
    Signs up for Hello Friargate, where that 'Scene' skater shop used to be.

Sounds like a cafe bar sort of thing.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    That's the end of the market Adam the owner is trying to cater for. Top end, usually high percentage craft beer a la Cloudwater, Magic Rock etc. Whether it works in Preston we'll see. Orchard tried doing similar at first but very quickly dropped their prices and stopped selling the big hitters as it wasn't selling.

Time will tell.
    Not my scene at all this place, might feel more cosy on a winters night but when i walked in it had little atmosphere. Tap and Vine has been furbished far better with re claimed timber and stone fire place. Hope it does well though considering the robbing bastards across the road did not pay their tradesmen.

Assistant Manager
    Nowt to do with Preston but I've just had a few days in Keswick, and that Jennings bitter they serve a lot up there was beautiful.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Nowt to do with Preston but I've just had a few days in Keswick, and that Jennings bitter they serve a lot up there was beautiful.
    Can't beat a good pint or two close to where an ale is brewed.

Unfortunately Jennings is owned by Marston's and ask such a lot of their beers are brewed at other Marston's sites all over the country not using pure, crystal clear Lake District water. If you change the water you change the beer and Marston's are also notorious for supplying 'fast cask' beers which have chemicals introduced into the barrels so they don't have settle and can be used straight away.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Can't beat a good pint or two close to where an ale is brewed.

Unfortunately Jennings is owned by Marston's and ask such a lot of their beers are brewed at other Marston's sites all over the country not using pure, crystal clear Lake District water. If you change the water you change the beer and Marston's are also notorious for supplying 'fast cask' beers which have chemicals introduced into the barrels so they don't have settle and can be used straight away.
    Thanks for the info Andy.

A pub that had been seeing a big revival, The Railway at Euxton, is being closed down by the Brewery. the land being sold off, Id guess for houses.
    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Ok, all of these names are springing up everywhere and as I am out in town tomorrow with the lass, be nice to know where to go.

Could one of the younger more talented members of the forum print a map of Preston with the city centre pubs / bars on it? Would be a massive help for future ventures into areas I rarely go to (I am a Friargate boy) but would use more if I knew where they actually were.

Many thanks.
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Ok, all of these names are springing up everywhere and as I am out in town tomorrow with the lass, be nice to know where to go.

Could one of the younger more talented members of the forum print a map of Preston with the city centre pubs / bars on it? Would be a massive help for future ventures into areas I rarely go to (I am a Friargate boy) but would use more if I knew where they actually were.

Many thanks.
    Im neither young nor talented but I'm also a Friargate lad and don't like the Church Street end because it is more like Magaluf these days but last time I did venture up there we went in Hogarths which seemed pretty good, 12 tellers which was just too busy, Hartleys which was OK and the Vic and Station, which stunk of farts and B.O.
    I used to go in the Wellington and the Exchange a lot in my younger days as it was studenty/gothy but have no idea what kind of pub it is now.
    Not sure this helps but have a good night with the missus.