Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 213

Thread: New restaurants in Preston

  1. #201
    Director raefil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    58,728
    For them as likes a decent pudding, a new Kaspas opening at bottom of corporation St, under the Premier inn.

    http://kaspas.co.uk
    .

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    16
    I have to say it. Those Kaspa's restaurants are a source of bad memories. When my then-lady asked me to go out and have some desserts to feel romantic, I thought it would be good to try Kaspa's. Had I known that their milkshakes had cyanide for milk, I would have gone full Othello on my date. We spent the weekeind racing each other to the toilet after one visit.
    Now I dread the new Kaspa's place.

  3. #203
    Substitute Charlie Manson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chorley
    Posts
    634
    Yet another burger place opening on the side of The Miller Arcade next to the Harris.

    Iceberg is its name.
    Bill Hicks was right about everything.

  4. #204
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine79 View Post
    We spent the weekeind racing each other to the toilet after one visit.
    .
    You can't get more romantic than that.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

  5. #205
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    For them as likes a decent pudding, a new Kaspas opening at bottom of corporation St, under the Premier inn.

    http://kaspas.co.uk
    It sounds like valentine79 was opening HIS bottom on corporation street, too.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

  6. #206
    Assistant Manager AndySaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Manson View Post
    Yet another burger place opening on the side of The Miller Arcade next to the Harris.

    Iceberg is its name.
    Top of my head that's now Solita, Burgers N Bibs, We Don't Give A Fork, Hartley's, Review and Iceberg all specialising in burgers and all within 5 minutes or less walk of each other. Add to that the sports bar that is opening on Cannon Street and you've got a bit of a burger overload.

    Whilst the development of the city centre can only be a good thing a bit of variety is needed otherwise we will end up with a load of empty units again within 12 months.

    A top end Italian is definitely needed, ie one that has more than the usual pizza, pasta and rissotto menu and doesn't leave you thinking 'I could have easily made that at home' when you leave. A decent Thai/Far Eastern place like Timpopo/Wagamamas/Thaikun is definitely missing from Preston's lineup as is a quality Chinese (Tang is really city centre) whilst unconventional stuff, usually dubbed 'street food' by the hispters, really needs to be encouraged.

    One place I will big up is the 'Eat Well' on Ormskirk Road. It shares its location with Real Gym and specialises in healthy but very tasty grilled food. Nice staff and well priced too.

  7. #207
    First Team Minty pne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
    Just posted this on the pub thread too, Checco's in Fulwood up for sale.

    Not surprising really. After the honeymoon period following its opening, it never really took up and the last couple of times I went, years ago now, I thought the food was almost tasteless to be honest and not worth the money.

    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercia...-60944962.html
    Looks like they've shut for good and staff have not been paid. http://www.lep.co.uk/your-lancashire...sing-1-8852540
    'Say goodbye to the pain of the past. Say hello to the championship. It's his day it's Preston's day'

  8. #208
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Top of my head that's now Solita, Burgers N Bibs, We Don't Give A Fork, Hartley's, Review and Iceberg all specialising in burgers and all within 5 minutes or less walk of each other. Add to that the sports bar that is opening on Cannon Street and you've got a bit of a burger overload.

    Whilst the development of the city centre can only be a good thing a bit of variety is needed otherwise we will end up with a load of empty units again within 12 months.

    A top end Italian is definitely needed, ie one that has more than the usual pizza, pasta and rissotto menu and doesn't leave you thinking 'I could have easily made that at home' when you leave. A decent Thai/Far Eastern place like Timpopo/Wagamamas/Thaikun is definitely missing from Preston's lineup as is a quality Chinese (Tang is really city centre) whilst unconventional stuff, usually dubbed 'street food' by the hispters, really needs to be encouraged.

    One place I will big up is the 'Eat Well' on Ormskirk Road. It shares its location with Real Gym and specialises in healthy but very tasty grilled food. Nice staff and well priced too.
    An Italian will be opening on Friargate in a few months. It will be top end, but I fear its in a bad spot.

  9. #209
    ANARCHIST Nobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    never been in the clink
    Posts
    45,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty pne View Post
    Looks like they've shut for good and staff have not been paid. http://www.lep.co.uk/your-lancashire...sing-1-8852540
    Bought by KFC?
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

  10. #210
    Coaching Staff Winkytinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fulwood
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Bought by KFC?
    No that's just a wind up started off by a spoof fb group, they had everyone thinking the club where going to have the splash statue moved last week

    Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •