Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Broughton By Pass - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Broughton By Pass

Youth Team
    so you say if theres a diesel or chemical type spill,just tow the vehicles away and get a lane open?

Quote Originally Posted by mickb View Post
    so you say if theres a diesel or chemical type spill,just tow the vehicles away and get a lane open?
    No
    I said with health and safety in mind do it a tad quicker, it's not an observation from great experience and I'm sure you may enlighten me why not albeit other countries with similar facilities and systems seem to manage it
    The forester effect caused by such delays at times cannot be avoided and that's a given but it's starting to feel like a one size fits all solution for traffic incidents ?
    Would you concur my friend ?

Youth Team
    Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    No
    I said with health and safety in mind do it a tad quicker, it's not an observation from great experience and I'm sure you may enlighten me why not albeit other countries with similar facilities and systems seem to manage it
    The forester effect caused by such delays at times cannot be avoided and that's a given but it's starting to feel like a one size fits all solution for traffic incidents ?
    Would you concur my friend ?
    how would you do it a "tad quicker"?theres some sort of spill on lane three how do you get that vehicle from lane three to the hard shoulder?,a big fuck off crane with some sort of swimming pool sized thing underneath it? no idea what the forester effect is.

Exactly my point
    It was diesel. And it takes four hours to deal with diesel. ?
    Usually have to resurface.

Quote Originally Posted by lilowanders View Post
    Usually have to resurface.
    I think they did, and 4 HGVs and 2 cars in an accident is going to take a while to clear.

However, on Monday 1 car flipped over near the J29 slip road at 3pm. At 6:30pm the road was still closed.

I’d just love to know why some people are so special they think they can use the bus lane when heading south instead of spending 57 seconds of their time following the route everyone else has to (yes you the grey bmw and black Audi)
    I’m going to write a strong letter
    There is a common theme there isnt there ?

Drivers of german-made cars - arrogant as ........

Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post

Germans and arrogance ..... surely not !!!!
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post

I've got a German car, work 50 plus hours a week and do 20 hours of voluntary work for young children for not a single penny to fill up my Audi. Never been involved in a traffic accident in 30 plus years of driving.

What a fool you are tarring everyone with the same brush. I suppose you think all Muslims are terrorists as well.

Jesus wept man stop being a sheep and believing everything you read in the paper.

The junction is drawn up in draft. It's the longest distance of any uk motorway between junctions 32 to Lancaster. (14 miles)
    But first will be junction 2 on the m55 to complement the city deal and bypass to lea
    J33 Galgate is feeling left out here!
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    I've got a German car, work 50 plus hours a week and do 20 hours of voluntary work for young children for not a single penny to fill up my Audi. Never been involved in a traffic accident in 30 plus years of driving.

What a fool you are tarring everyone with the same brush. I suppose you think all Muslims are terrorists as well.

Jesus wept man stop being a sheep and believing everything you read in the paper.
    Sure i've seen some stats that show BMW's and Audi's are actually fairly low down in terms of the percentage of owners involved in rta's. It's when these high performance cars are driven by inexperienced drivers they become lethal weapons. There does seems to be a particular problem with young lads hiring BMW's or other similar cars then killing or maiming people.