Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Broughton By Pass

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    I’d just love to know why some people are so special they think they can use the bus lane when heading south instead of spending 57 seconds of their time following the route everyone else has to (yes you the grey bmw and black Audi)
    I’m going to write a strong letter
    Looks like a fair few people are doing it unfortunately. If it continues, wouldn't surprise me if they just stick a camera up and threaten fines.

A new bus lane at the approach to the Broughton roundabout is proving to be too much temptation for many drivers.

Lancashire County Council put the lane in, if you’re heading southbound on the A6, since James Towers Way was completed.

But pictures show it’s not just buses who are using the lane, cars are regularly queueing in the bus-only lane.

The county council says cars using the lane are not going to see quicker journey times and could also be blocking ambulances.

A spokesman for the county council said: “The purpose of the dedicated bus lane is to improve journeys for bus users, and minimise journey times for ambulances, by ensuring these vehicles travelling south on the A6 receive priority through the roundabout without having to go up to the new roundabout at D’Urton Lane and double back to continue their journey towards Preston.

“The signal system uses detection equipment to allow it to tell the difference between cars, buses and ambulances. The system quickly activates a green light for buses or ambulances allowing them to go through the junction with minimal delay, which is particularly important due to the location of the ambulance HQ just north of the junction.

“To discourage people from misusing the bus lane, any other vehicle would have to wait for a lot longer before the signal turns to green, and therefore gain no advantage.

“The system needs some further work before it will operate as planned and we’re currently working with the supplier to carry this out. In the meantime we’ll make some manual adjustments to create a delay on the bus lane to deter drivers from using it.”
    http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2017/10...hton-bus-lane/

Quote Originally Posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
    Looks like a fair few people are doing it unfortunately. If it continues, wouldn't surprise me if they just stick a camera up and threaten fines.

http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2017/10...hton-bus-lane/
    Thanks sedgewick

I have officially timed the extra journey to the roundabout and back
    Now I want to know who is so special that they haven't got 9.62 seconds in their day to use the appropriate route
    I just wonder if they or a loved one were to be blocked travelling in an ambulance by a total dingbat queueing at said lights who is more important than everyone else
    Yes that's you today in the Saab

I can't believe the number of people driving up Garstang Rd only to find the road closed at Broughton Post Office, then turning round and going back to the by pass, even though the signs telling you the road is closed are perfectly clear and visible. Can they not read or are they blind ?

Quote Originally Posted by lilowanders View Post
    I can't believe the number of people driving up Garstang Rd only to find the road closed at Broughton Post Office, then turning round and going back to the by pass, even though the signs telling you the road is closed are perfectly clear and visible. Can they not read or are they blind ?
    Probably people thinking they can nip through quickly whilst everyone else uses the new road, but yeah it’s pathetic and exactly why in April they’ll be narrowing the A6 through Broughton with cycle lanes etc. to put everyone off using it altogether except for local residents/Marriott guests and staff.

Also yeah that fact the signs are up just makes it even more stupid/arrogant.