Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishwicks buses.

Fishwicks buses.

I see fishwicks have gone into receivership and will cease trading from tomorrow night. What's going to happen to the special bus service that runs through Leyland Lostock Hall etc ?

I saw this rumour on Facebook, nothing been substantiated though. If true, no disrespect, but there bigger issues than the one you mention, peoples livelihoods for example.
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes."

Mahatma Ghandhi

Coaching Staff
    That is up to the receiver(s). They might continue service pending a review.

Sorry I was wrong they have infact gone into administration and all Fishwicks bus routes will be covered by Stagecoach for the time being. .And yes my thoughts are with the people who may have or have not lost there jobs. the reason I put on the Match day travel forum was because they offered a service to our club (albeit not free) which has now been put into jeopardy as some people relied on this service to get to home games. It is also another business in my town that has gone so Raefil no disrespect intended

Quote Originally Posted by keefer68 View Post
    Sorry I was wrong they have infact gone into administration and all Fishwicks bus routes will be covered by Stagecoach for the time being. .And yes my thoughts are with the people who may have or have not lost there jobs. the reason I put on the Match day travel forum was because they offered a service to our club (albeit not free) which has now been put into jeopardy as some people relied on this service to get to home games. It is also another business in my town that has gone so Raefil no disrespect intended
    Really sad, another old and traditional company being swallowed up by another multinational.
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes."

Mahatma Ghandhi

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Really sad, another old and traditional company being swallowed up by another multinational.
    That is sad. Part of Preston.

Was only saying a few months ago how amazing it was that they'd kept going this long.. Real shame this.
    Vote For John Brown

Assistant Manager
    Unfortunately Stagecoach will not be operating all the routes yet. At the moment, all they have the capacity to do is run the 111 but they will be in discussions next week over how they move forward.

A very sad day for transport in Preston and for their employees. I went to countless away games on their coaches, although I do remember one trip to Burnley when I was much younger in particular. They gave us one of their really old double deckers (presumably because of fears for their decent coaches!) and it was that bad at getting up hills we had to push it up one in Blackburn!

I went to Wembley with them this year and many of their long standing drivers were on the coach with us, a really nice bunch and a great service. One of the drivers told us a story about the previous Wembley trip (Wycombe) when he'd gone to the boss and asked for the day off off to go to the game. His boss refused so he resigned and went away - obviously he must have gone back but there was obviously a passion for North End with them all.

I saw this rumour on Facebook, nothing been substantiated though. If true, no disrespect, but there bigger issues than the one you mention, peoples livelihoods for example.
    That's a very good point Phil.

Me and you are on completely different pages when it comes to politics, but in this instance, we are talking about people losing their jobs ....

Remember when they had their own 'bus station' at the bottom of Fox Street (Premier Inn now)?
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER