Thread: Virgin Trains Discount

Reserve Team

Virgin Trains Discount

Just tried to book tickets for Ipswich in January (ie well in advance) and it doesn't come under the promotion! Now having tried many matches before and only had the offer once to Crewe! Is this offer a myth? And I don't want the football special either for what it's worth....Big missed opportunity I suspect for Virgin!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_ View Post
    Just tried to book tickets for Ipswich in January (ie well in advance) and it doesn't come under the promotion! Now having tried many matches before and only had the offer once to Crewe! Is this offer a myth? And I don't want the football special either for what it's worth....Big missed opportunity I suspect for Virgin!
    Its only on virgin WEST coast trains.
    The Conservatives are strong against the weak and weak against the strong. That's not leadership

We had trouble booking the tickets for fulham, have to go really early and return just over a hour after the game.

Its clear they are not putting on the discount for the better times as they want people to pay full price. Proud sponsors of PNE my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_ View Post
    You will have to book tickets preston to Euston return then London Liverpool st to Ipswich return as separate tickets I managed to get 1 adult 1 child for 55 return that's without season ticket

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by amw View Post
    You will have to book tickets preston to Euston return then London Liverpool st to Ipswich return as separate tickets I managed to get 1 adult 1 child for 55 return that's without season ticket
    That's really helpful thanks I'll look into that.

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
    We had trouble booking the tickets for fulham, have to go really early and return just over a hour after the game.

Its clear they are not putting on the discount for the better times as they want people to pay full price. Proud sponsors of PNE my arse.
    Agreed !

Know plenty who have saved a few quid using the discount so any help in funding away travel is always appreciated IMHO.
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    Know plenty who have saved a few quid using the discount so any help in funding away travel is always appreciated IMHO.
    Agreed.

Not sure how many other companies that sponsor football clubs offer any sort of deal for its supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

these same proud sponsors of pne have saved me a few quid buying tickets for the 3 london games and the brighton game.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    Same here, I've saved a few quid an'all
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.