Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How the media works

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Whilst that very occasionally happens its very rare though.
    Always worried about the daily mail spin in the government

Manager
    Here we go, you are the main accuser of people yet youve just come on to a topic and got personal. You cant help yourself can you?

do you believe the media doesnt, at best, attempt to mislead opinion? Or are you here to start yet another bitchfest?
    The media you slate does have spin and often support the Tories you dislike. But the media you often refer to and post has the leftie spin so either both should be ignored really.

Quote Originally Posted by One of our own View Post
    The media you slate does have spin and often support the Tories you dislike. But the media you often refer to and post has the leftie spin so either both should be ignored really.
    Its been interesting watching the Corbyn debate unfold over the months. for me hes someone who says it as it is, Its what it says on tin, type of thing. whats struck me is that people are now so used to half truths, spin, whatever you call it, that so many cant actually handle a politician who doesnt use the system that way.

I wonder if Cameron had actually said, "Yes we will reduce tax credits," Pre-election whether people would have voted for him? He`d have been being honest but would people have accepted that honesty?
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes."

Mahatma Ghandhi

Its been interesting watching the Corbyn debate unfold over the months. for me hes someone who says it as it is, Its what it says on tin, type of thing. whats struck me is that people are now so used to half truths, spin, whatever you call it, that so many cant actually handle a politician who doesnt use the system that way.

I wonder if Cameron had actually said, "Yes we will reduce tax credits," Pre-election whether people would have voted for him? He`d have been being honest but would people have accepted that honesty?

Hasn`t Corbyn doing exceptionally well in some recent polls?

Ignore that post...just checked, he`s dropping like a stone.

My bad.
    Last edited by Bardas; 29-11-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Manager

Not too sure. He honest and I have a lot of time for honesty but I don't agree with what he says on most topics. I however think he will win people over initially as he has but without some help and pissing off the wrong people will eventually backfire. Including a lack of media support

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Hasn`t Corbyn doing exceptionally well in some recent polls?

Ignore that post...just checked, he`s dropping like a stone.

My bad.
    Certainly seems to be striking a chord with many over the syria crisis. In fairness, though, I dont think the desire to not get involved is just amongst Labour support.

Mahatma Ghandhi

Manager
    Certainly seems to be striking a chord with many over the syria crisis. In fairness, though, I dont think the desire to not get involved is just amongst Labour support.
    Is he not splitting your party apart?

Not too sure. He honest and I have a lot of time for honesty but I don't agree with what he says on most topics. I however think he will win people over initially as he has but without some help and pissing off the wrong people will eventually backfire. Including a lack of media support
    The only timeIve ever really seen media support for Labour was under Blair. Look how that turned out. Possibly the master tactician at the art of spin.

Mahatma Ghandhi

Manager
    The only timeIve ever really seen media support for Labour was under Blair. Look how that turned out. Possibly the master tactician at the art of spin.
    But it helps win the nation over

Is he not splitting your party apart?
    Id say he has increased party membership massively. Perhaps there are those in the party who see that as a threat?

Mahatma Ghandhi