Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How the media works

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Id say he has increased party membership massively. Perhaps there are those in the party who see that as a threat?
    I do believe he will go so far then people will become sick of him

Quote Originally Posted by One of our own View Post
    I do believe he will go so far then people will become sick of him
    Possibly, but for now I think, as a country, were actually getting an opposition that is finally worthy of the name. I honestly wonder would we have had as much open and frank debate debate about tax credits and now the syria crisis under under the former Labour leadership?
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes."

Mahatma Ghandhi

Manager
    Possibly, but for now I think, as a country, were actually getting an opposition that is finally worthy of the name. I honestly wonder would we have had as much open and frank debate debate about tax credits and now the syria crisis under under the former Labour leadership?
    The Syria bombing was voted out before Corbyn and it was far beyond Corbyn that the tax credits got voted out

Assistant Manager
    Even at times when it's cheaper though?
    Yes , they can suffer with the plebs - I ll pay the cost difference.

Seriously , should be cheapest of course - it's our money .

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by pnematic View Post
    Yes , they can suffer with the plebs - I ll pay the cost difference.

Seriously , should be cheapest of course - it's our money .
    Yeah but the story would be run in the mail 'civil servants travel 1st class whilst someone commits suicide solely because of cuts'

Because they don't deal with the actual facts

Agree, pretty much..but think on those two major and pressing issues, he has been on his own ground...and public opposition and or cynicism was pretty nailed on.

Thornier developments will prove the real test.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Agree, pretty much..but think on those two major and pressing issues, he has been on his own ground...and public opposition and or cynicism was pretty nailed on.

Thornier developments will prove the real test.
    Good point. He hasn't really had to try to hard to rally the troops on these topics

Good point. He hasn't really had to try to hard to rally the troops on these topics
    I honestly believe both would have been nodded through on former leadershios. the Tax credit one already had been by the party being whipped to abstain to allow free passage for the welfare reform bill.

I dont know what can be much more thorny than risking the lives our people to fight a war in syria.
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes."

Mahatma Ghandhi

Manager
    I honestly believe both would have been nodded through on former leadershios. the Tax credit one already had been by the party being whipped to abstain to allow free passage for the welfare reform bill.

I dont know what can be much more thorny than risking the lives our people to fight a war in syria.
    These didn't go through because of Corbyn though. He hasn't had to fight too hard on these.

Thorium Indium Potassium
    Here we go, you are the main accuser of people yet youve just come on to a topic and got personal. You cant help yourself can you?

do you believe the media doesnt, at best, attempt to mislead opinion? Or are you here to start yet another bitchfest?
    The first bit didn't make sense Theo.

All media play the game, but the vast majority can see that. You don't give credit to people to be able to think for themselves or use various means to form an opinion.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit attrocities." Voltaire
    https://humanism.org.uk/