Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trams in Preston (again!)

Central tram hub on disused ingol golf course anyone? Only accessible via footpaths! Any green space left over is a nimby free zone!
    1992 me and my dad!
    2017 me and my dad and my 3 kids and the mrs!
    From little acorns and all that......

Substitute
    I like the idea of this. Its definately possible to have it running between town and toys r us but not sure how the old line is once past there. Did it not get built on around Cromwell rd rear of Greenlands ?

Quote Originally Posted by beagleman View Post
    I like the idea of this. Its definately possible to have it running between town and toys r us but not sure how the old line is once past there. Did it not get built on around Cromwell rd rear of Greenlands ?
    I'm fairly certain the only part of the line you can't currently access between Skeffington Road and the bridge at Grimsargh is the small portion that was the old Fulwood train station. I remember as a kid when the cycle path was built that this became someone's back garden - was referred to as the Dingle house locally because it was rough looking. Not sure if the people who bought the house bought the land as well.
    Jillhad - a peaceful and tolerant fight back

Quote Originally Posted by princeinpieces View Post
    I'm fairly certain the only part of the line you can't currently access between Skeffington Road and the bridge at Grimsargh is the small portion that was the old Fulwood train station. I remember as a kid when the cycle path was built that this became someone's back garden - was referred to as the Dingle house locally because it was rough looking. Not sure if the people who bought the house bought the land as well.
    Be careful near them cyclepaths, dangerous them bastards.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.