Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancashire CCC 2016

Hybrid View

First Team

Lancashire CCC 2016

I fancy Lancashire are in for a tough campaign. No new additions to the squad and the retirement of Ashwell Prince has severely depleted our batting line-up in all formats of the game. Survival in the first division has got to be the priority this year but its going to be a struggle IMO.
    Last edited by PNE Plungy; 15-04-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Assistant Manager
    Wagner will take wickets in English conditions and we have Anderson for the first three games - so we have to make use of that!

We've got a lot of players who are unknowns. Hameed could take a while to adapt but I think he will hit the ground running, Reece has potential, Livingstone also has potential and has started to bowl more and Clark has done very well in pre season. It's also a big year for Kerrigan - and Smith will bolster the side in all formats when he's over his niggle.

I think we'll be all right but like you say the Prince size hole is nowhere near being filled yet - the head coach seems to be looking from within and hoping one of the youngsters will be filling it.

First Team
    First game tomorrow against Notts.

The one thing I'd like to see this season is a little more intent at getting some batting points. Our run rate in the first 30 or 40 overseas has been woeful over recent seasons. Then it becomes nearly impossible to get 4 or 5 batting points in the later overs.

Perhaps the abscence of Paul Horton may go some way to addressing this. It has been a concern of mine for a few seasons now. Bonus points are going to be crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by PNE Plungy View Post

Good start for Lanky - Notts are 64-4

Wagner has taken two

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    Good start for Lanky - Notts are 64-4

Wagner has taken two
    Good team are Notts. 73-4 at lunch represents a great start for Lancs.

I think we have a decent bowling line-up and we have had for a long time. Bowling bonus points have been excellent.

Its our batsman who need to perform and start scoring at a reasonable rate.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PNE Plungy View Post

The one thing I'd like to see this season is a little more intent at getting some batting points. Our run rate in the first 30 or 40 overseas has been woeful over recent seasons. Then it becomes nearly impossible to get 4 or 5 batting points in the later overs.

Perhaps the abscence of Paul Horton may go some way to addressing this. It has been a concern of mine for a few seasons now. Bonus points are going to be crucial.
    Spot on about slow scoring, Brown's no slouch and the addition of Livingstone will help. I'm actually really pleased he's been given a chance today, he's spent the winter in Australia and done very well and worked a lot with Brad Hogg on developing his spin bowling.

There's a few unknowns in the batting with Hameed, Proctor and Livingstone but if one or two of them start to show anything could happen this season.

First Team
    Notts 98-6 after winning the toss and deciding to bat first. Jarvis and Wagner taking 3 wickets apiece. Splendid stuff.

First Team
    Shit start to the innings. 0 for 1 .

Assistant Manager
    Hopefully the foundations laid by Proctor and Hameed will bear fruit. It sounds like Hameed got a bad decision.

One of the issues we're going to have in the early part of the season is the amount of pressure on the batsmen. Hameed is a young lad looking to establish himself, Brown has never really done well on a regular basis in the 4 day game, Proctor has been put in despite hardly playing for the last couple of years and Livingstone the same as Hameed. We'll miss the experience of Prince as a guiding hand to these players, reading between the lines of what Giles has said I believe there is criticism of Alviro and a clear step,up message to him.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    Hopefully the foundations laid by Proctor and Hameed will bear fruit. It sounds like Hameed got a bad decision.

One of the issues we're going to have in the early part of the season is the amount of pressure on the batsmen. Hameed is a young lad looking to establish himself, Brown has never really done well on a regular basis in the 4 day game, Proctor has been put in despite hardly playing for the last couple of years and Livingstone the same as Hameed. We'll miss the experience of Prince as a guiding hand to these players, reading between the lines of what Giles has said I believe there is criticism of Alviro and a clear step,up message to him.
    Do you think Lancs should have invested in one or two experienced players from other county's? Especially in the batting department? Or are we correct in having so much youth who may impact on relegation this year, but may prosper in years to come?

A good side will have the right blend of youth and experience. I think we're a bit top-heavy with youth in our batting line-up at present.