Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancashire CCC 2016

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    Guptill looked the part, the rest not so much. Was over after about 10 balls into Durham's innings.

And 4.10 for a pint of Dizzy Blonde!
    A tip for anyone buying beer next week. I don't drink but the blokes behind me last night seemed to be on a mission to drink the place dry - and they said the normal bars were heaving with huge queues but the beer tents behind Stand D were empty.

Having said that, if Karl Brown and Steven Croft get picked again and continue in their quest to write the book on how not to approach T20 I might be tempted to partake myself!

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    What an utterly bizarre decision to open with Lilley against Mustard. There was an exceptionally short boundary and it was only going to end one way.

It's sad when stalwarts of your side hit the wall but that's what's happened to Brown - and Croft's struggling a lot too, at least in the T20. If you're going to play Davies as a batsman he has to open and the absence of Smith restricted our bowling options tremendously.

Poor night of batting (the magnificent Guptill excepted), awful bowling (Wagner excepted) and poor decision making. It'll all be ok if we win next Friday though 😄🌹
    Some good points raised as usual. Why was Livingstone overlooked? I would have him in instead of Peterson(good in the 4 day game). Brown, I rate, but seems to be going through a lean spell and Croft, despite being a Shitpool fan, is excellent in the field as well as his batting. Don't forget Jordan Clark, a very useful all rounder, as well as Tom Smith. I'll be making my annual odyssey to Old Trafford next month, so hopefully all the problems will have been sorted.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Some good points raised as usual. Why was Livingstone overlooked? I would have him in instead of Peterson(good in the 4 day game). Brown, I rate, but seems to be going through a lean spell and Croft, despite being a Shitpool fan, is excellent in the field as well as his batting. Don't forget Jordan Clark, a very useful all rounder, as well as Tom Smith. I'll be making my annual odyssey to Old Trafford next month, so hopefully all the problems will have been sorted.
    Try telling my wife I raise good points

Smith's probably my favourite one day player but I can understand him being left out with his recent return from injury but I don't get Livingstone being left out at all. Davies is the big conundrum though. I think he's a better keeper than Buttler but he's not going to play ahead of Buttler as a keeper so if you're going to play him as a batsman, he has to open - he struggles in the middle order in T20s. His innings was the match turner in the final last year.

If Croft wasn't captain he'd be under pressure in T20, he slows the game down as a batsman and his bowling has stopped looking dangerous. However,his fielding (as you say) is still superb.

Looking forward to beating Yorkshire twice in a week now!

Yorkshire 6-2 second over

Assistant Manager
    Croft keeping wicket!

14-3 now - first bonus point inside 6 overs!

80/5

Don't take your foot off the gas boys. I'll say now that if we were offered 180 all out, I'd take that. Let's see if that would be a wise decision!

Would I accept 200 all out, from here. Maybe but I'd be wavering.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    80/5

Don't take your foot off the gas boys. I'll say now that if we were offered 180 all out, I'd take that. Let's see if that would be a wise decision!

Would I accept 200 all out, from here. Maybe but I'd be wavering.
    Agreed, they bat all the way down and the number of late order partnerships they seem to build is remarkable.

Rashid always seems to get runs against us. The sooner he is skittled the better.

Come on the Red Rose!!

Assistant Manager
    Hodd and Plunkett are more than reasonable batsmen. Rain forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday, so we need another session like the morning and then get cracking with building a lead.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    Hodd and Plunkett are more than reasonable batsmen. Rain forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday, so we need another session like the morning and then get cracking with building a lead.
    "Get cracking" and Hameed, are not mutually compatible.