Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast

Thread: Lancashire CCC 2016

Super Jimmy F guiding us to another T20 title. Giles needs to show a lot more faith in Saqib next season, could be our strike bowler in the white-ball stuff. Interested to see who this other overseas signing us, would be nice to see Junaid back

Faulkner is a great signing and if we could get Junaid as well then i would be delighted, but the way that our batting collapsed at times in the CC matches we need to bring in some quality at number 3 or 4...

How many times did we go from 80-0 to 90 -4 ??

Lancashire have signed Ryan McLaren as their overseas player for 2017, he'll be available for all competitions and be available for the entire season.
    love PNE, hate lasher's

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholson View Post
    Lancashire have signed Ryan McLaren as their overseas player for 2017, he'll be available for all competitions and be available for the entire season.
    Nice bit of business and good to see it wrapped up early doors. If you add in Davies the side looks a lot more steady with the bat. Would love us to have gone big on a quality county player but I'm guessing that's out of the equation with these two signings?

Just thinking about our strongest T20 team with everyone available... Smith, Davies, Livingstone, Buttler, Croft, McLaren, Faulkner, Clark, Lilley, Parry, Mahmood. That is pretty tasty. A clear issue with keeping Smith fit and Buttler won't be available much but that's probably where Brown comes into the equation (!). Call me mental but I actually wouldn't mind seeing Hameed given a go as opener in the 50-over comp to develop his shot making that bit more. Used to be very consistent for Eng U19s but they dropped him for the WC. Think he could add the stability we lack, not much harm in trying it I don't think

Quote Originally Posted by healey View Post
    Nice bit of business and good to see it wrapped up early doors. If you add in Davies the side looks a lot more steady with the bat. Would love us to have gone big on a quality county player but I'm guessing that's out of the equation with these two signings?

Just thinking about our strongest T20 team with everyone available... Smith, Davies, Livingstone, Buttler, Croft, McLaren, Faulkner, Clark, Lilley, Parry, Mahmood. That is pretty tasty. A clear issue with keeping Smith fit and Buttler won't be available much but that's probably where Brown comes into the equation (!). Call me mental but I actually wouldn't mind seeing Hameed given a go as opener in the 50-over comp to develop his shot making that bit more. Used to be very consistent for Eng U19s but they dropped him for the WC. Think he could add the stability we lack, not much harm in trying it I don't think
    McLaren's one of those players who seems to have been around for a while at several different counties but his Championship record last season looks pretty good, 832 runs + 32 wickets, nowadays its impossible to get a superstar overseas player for the entire season so if we want someone for the entire season McLaren is probably amongst the best available players Lanc's could have gone after. Lancashire still need to bring in a decent batsman, I doubt there are any left on the county market so Lanc's will probably need to bring in a kolpak signing so it might be worth keeping an eye on the South Africa domestic season to see who scores lots of runs.
    love PNE, hate lasher's

McLaren's one of those players who seems to have been around for a while at several different counties but his Championship record last season looks pretty good, 832 runs + 32 wickets, nowadays its impossible to get a superstar overseas player for the entire season so if we want someone for the entire season McLaren is probably amongst the best available players Lanc's could have gone after. Lancashire still need to bring in a decent batsman, I doubt there are any left on the county market so Lanc's will probably need to bring in a kolpak signing so it might be worth keeping an eye on the South Africa domestic season to see who scores lots of runs.
    I'd go all in for Colin Ingram. Good enough to be playing for saffers

Assistant Manager
    He should contribute pretty well.

At first glance, the thing that jumps out from his numbers is the amount of red ink.

Substitute
    Alviro wont be back. He's banned for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Given that news and the probability of Hameed getting a central contract and playing probably at most 2/3 Championship games next season that's 2,000+ runs that needs replacing.

The Lancashire top 7 for most of next season will probably look something like Jones, Smith, Proctor, Brown, Croft, Livingstone, Davies, that doesn't fill me with a great deal of hope, maybe MacLaren will bat in the top 6 instead of Smith or Proctor. I've said it in previous posts but Lanc's probably have no choice but to look into the Kolpak market now if they really want to strengthen the batting lineup, if there's anyone scoring a bag full of runs in South African first class cricket but can't get into the international team now is the time to make an offer.
    love PNE, hate lasher's

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    What a dick he is. Professional sportspeople who have no ethics.
    East Midlands Branch