Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread: Lancashire CCC 2016

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholson View Post
    Given that news and the probability of Hameed getting a central contract and playing probably at most 2/3 Championship games next season that's 2,000+ runs that needs replacing.

The Lancashire top 7 for most of next season will probably look something like Jones, Smith, Proctor, Brown, Croft, Livingstone, Davies, that doesn't fill me with a great deal of hope, maybe MacLaren will bat in the top 6 instead of Smith or Proctor. I've said it in previous posts but Lanc's probably have no choice but to look into the Kolpak market now if they really want to strengthen the batting lineup, if there's anyone scoring a bag full of runs in South African first class cricket but can't get into the international team now is the time to make an offer.
    Is Davies fit for next season? I agree with you, with the exception of Livingstone, that batting line up would struggle in Division 2. On a more positive note, with the addition of Faulkner, I think we'll be OK for T20.

Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Is Davies fit for next season? I agree with you, with the exception of Livingstone, that batting line up would struggle in Division 2. On a more positive note, with the addition of Faulkner, I think we'll be OK for T20.
    I have no idea but given he missed basically all of this season I would hope/guess he'll be fit by next season. If Livingstone plays the entire season I think he's very capable of getting 1,000+ runs but there is a chance he'll get called up by the England Lions team so may miss a few games. Right now I'll be happy if Lanc's stay up in the Championship but I'm expecting much better performances in limited overs cricket and as you say Faulkner should massively improve the T20 team.
    love PNE, hate lasher's

Substitute
    No more Test Match cricket until July, so it's quite feasible that Hameed and Anderson will be available for the bulk of the County Championship which is front loaded this coming year with 8 matches before the end of June and only 6 matches at the back end now that Division 1 has been reduced to 8 teams.
    I think we'll be okay.

Assistant Manager
    Davies will be fit, obviously barring some kind of further injury or setback - he's taking part in full training.

The press release from Alviro is an interesting read, essentially saying he was concerned for the safety of his family when he became aware of what was going on and was scared of blowing the whistle. They withdrew all allegations of fixing and he was essentially found guilty of offences related to non disclosure.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Werzo View Post
    No more Test Match cricket until July, so it's quite feasible that Hameed and Anderson will be available for the bulk of the County Championship which is front loaded this coming year with 8 matches before the end of June and only 6 matches at the back end now that Division 1 has been reduced to 8 teams.
    I think we'll be okay.
    I hope you're right about our England players being available. Last season, Jimmy played in the first three matches, and we won 2, going top of the league. If this is the case, then we might avoid relegation. Also, I wonder if Buttler would be available, to strengthen our batting.

Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    Davies will be fit, obviously barring some kind of further injury or setback - he's taking part in full training.

The press release from Alviro is an interesting read, essentially saying he was concerned for the safety of his family when he became aware of what was going on and was scared of blowing the whistle. They withdrew all allegations of fixing and he was essentially found guilty of offences related to non disclosure.
    Good news about Davies. A consistent performer in both the one day and four day game. I see we signed another wicket keeper, which had me worried about Davies' fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Good news about Davies. A consistent performer in both the one day and four day game. I see we signed another wicket keeper, which had me worried about Davies' fitness.
    He's an Aussie who has an English passport whose been playing club cricket in Manchester this year, I think he's called Brook Guest, given he's still a teenager I don't expect him to play much and I'm guessing he's been signed just incase Davies gets injured again whilst Buttler's away in the IPL or with England so we don't have another shambles again where Croft's playing as our WK.
    love PNE, hate lasher's

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholson View Post
    He's an Aussie who has an English passport whose been playing club cricket in Manchester this year, I think he's called Brook Guest, given he's still a teenager I don't expect him to play much and I'm guessing he's been signed just incase Davies gets injured again whilst Buttler's away in the IPL or with England so we don't have another shambles again where Croft's playing as our WK.
    Yeah, that's him. I couldn't remember his name.

Not gutted about Giles going back to Warwiskshire.
    Any-one got any ideas who we would go for Head couch.

I think they will take the easy option and appoint Chapple
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38198407

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunks View Post
    Not gutted about Giles going back to Warwiskshire.
    Any-one got any ideas who we would go for Head couch.

I think they will take the easy option and appoint Chapple
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38198407
    Agreed that the loss of Giles isn't a major issue.

Whoever does come in though has got one hell of a job on their hands to keep Lancashire in Div 1 next season. The way things stand, its going to be a bloody struggle. Weak in batting, the bowling is average and even the signing of Faulkner isn't going to aid us in the Championship fight.

We need somebody who can turn water into wine. I wonder if Jesus is available?

I think Chapple's been groomed for the job for the last couple of years, the only worry I have about him is that he is too close to certain players who've been under-performing for far too many years now and will he allow his friendship to get in the way of making professional decisions like dropping out of form players?

I do wonder what would happen if Lancashire followed the Yorkshire route of appointing a big name ex player from overseas to completely overhaul the club but everyone who falls into that category seems to already have a contract with an IPL or Big Bash team and Lancashire clearly can't/won't pay that kind of money.
    love PNE, hate lasher's