Page 139 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1889

Thread: Gary Bowyer to be sacked.

  1. #1381
    Assistant Manager Thracia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    We would have only received the first set of parachute payments so how can you form a true opinion in the space of 6 or so months?

    If people are going to use the old glory hunting argument, I would suggest not using the 'why weren't you boycotting in the Premier League' line as it makes you look a bit silly really.
    You knew Oyston had remunerated himself with the 11m at the end of February 2012, when the 2011 accounts were published.

    So why didn't your boycott start immediately that season? Why did there need to be any delay to "form a true opinion" about it?

    Hint: you were 4th in the Championship at the time.

  2. #1382
    Coaching Staff leftbackdarton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    The logic being that your crowds jumped to 15k on the back of your season in the sun 2010/2011 and stayed pretty firm for your 3 seasons in the championship after ranging between 14k & 11k only dropping to 7k in Div 1 and now probably 3k this season.

    The Segesta row erupted circa 2011 but you still had between 11k & 14k 'fans' turning for 3 seasons in the hope of another season of glory despite the Oyston's raping your clubs finances over this time to the tune of 23m.

    Tell me, when did the boycott start ? my guess is when you hit the bottom division.

    You lot have put up with the Oyston's for 20+ years across all the divisions and have only now decided to fuck off now you back were you belong so by very definition are nothing but a bunch of glory hunting fickle fuckers ... end of !!!!

    Boycott my arse !!!!!
    So many false comments in that post.

    1) We are not getting 3k home fans in League Two. It is much less even if Oyston seems to double the crowds.
    2) We were not happy when Oyston remunerated himself with that money but he said it is in the club's interest to move the money to Segesta Limited. Obviously it was too early to judge.
    3) We did get those crowds in the Championship and League One. They included the two year season tickets holders who had stopped going. I was one of those. That is common knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Interesting in the photo that I posted last night is that it shows absolutely no advertising boards around the edges of the pitch.

    All you can see high in the stand is "Oystons" and "Lancashire ????" which I presume is the Oyston company, Lancashire Life.

    I think that the advertising sponsors, etc, are beginning to what the realities are at Gloomfield. Not looking good is it, LBD?
    It's not. This is why the boycott is working. Where are the sponsors? There are no merchandising sales, no food and drink sales, no match day ticket sales, etc. It must be hurting. They have the nursery and rental income from the NHS, that's about it. I doubt the BFC Hotel makes much. The negative is that the players will want to leave as they won't want to play in sub 1k crowds and can you imagine the wages the club will now offer. It will probably be in line with AFC Fylde and other non-league clubs. The club WILL end up in the conference at this rate and we don't care where Oyston remains in charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thracia View Post
    You knew Oyston had remunerated himself with the 11m at the end of February 2012, when the 2011 accounts were published.

    So why didn't your boycott start immediately that season? Why did there need to be any delay to "form a true opinion" about it?

    Hint: you were 4th in the Championship at the time.
    See above. The boycott did start but people had two year season tickets. Also at that point, people were turning up to protest again including myself. Once the protests had finished, this is when the 'true' boycott started. The pitch invasion at home to Huddersfield was the final message from the fans.

    You can play on figures all you want but you know as well I do it's bullshit.

  3. #1383
    Assistant Manager Thracia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    See above. The boycott did start but people had two year season tickets. Also at that point, people were turning up to protest again including myself. Once the protests had finished, this is when the 'true' boycott started. The pitch invasion at home to Huddersfield was the final message from the fans.

    You can play on figures all you want but you know as well I do it's bullshit.
    I don't see any bullshit, or "playing on figures".

    The 11m was syphoned off as directors fees in the 2011 accounts, and these were made public knowledge during your 2011-12 play-off season.

    I am simply observing that you lot weren't minded to protest this syphoning off of funds while you were riding high in the Championship, and en route to Wembley.

    Your protests came later, coinciding with your slide down the Championship table.

    No bullshit there, just facts!

  4. #1384
    Coaching Staff leftbackdarton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Thracia View Post
    I don't see any bullshit, or "playing on figures".

    The 11m was syphoned off as directors fees in the 2011 accounts, and these were made public knowledge during your 2011-12 play-off season.

    I am simply observing that you lot weren't minded to protest this syphoning off of funds while you were riding high in the Championship, and en route to Wembley.

    Your protests came later, coinciding with your slide down the Championship table.

    No bullshit there, just facts!
    Like I said it was too early to judge and the feel good factor was still around the place.

    Not being funny but isn't there a correlation between poor ownership and a slide down the leagues?

  5. #1385
    Substitute pneveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    814
    another fact is oystonin gave the smacked arse lashers cheap deals on season tickets
    when i was young i had no sense
    i brought a flute for 50 pence
    the only tune i could play
    was fuck the P_ _ _ and the I_ _

  6. #1386
    Assistant Manager Thracia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    Like I said it was too early to judge and the feel good factor was still around the place.

    Not being funny but isn't there a correlation between poor ownership and a slide down the leagues?
    There seems to be a correlation between a slide down the leagues and the protests starting - that's the point.

    As you rightly say, the 11m payment could be safely overlooked while you were Wembley-bound and had that "feel good factor".

  7. #1387
    Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    10,363
    Quote Originally Posted by pneveg View Post
    another fact is oystonin gave the smacked arse lashers cheap deals on season tickets
    Only reason their Championship crowds were remotely respectable when they were relegated.

    Averaged between 7,800 & 8,800 in the second tier before they were promoted.

  8. #1388
    Coaching Staff Strongbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Planet Reality
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    Like I said it was too early to judge and the feel good factor was still around the place.

    Not being funny but isn't there a correlation between poor ownership and a slide down the leagues?
    So lets get this right :
    Oyston syphon's off 11m+ from the club and the fans are still turning up in their numbers despite this fact, in your words the 'feel good factor' is in place no doubt driven by the fact that you were riding high in the Championship and Wembley bound again.

    Why not protest then ?

    No you waited until the rot set it 3 years later and the slide down the divisions, before you and a lot of others decided that you had a shit team and chose to keep your money in your pockets.

    You try to mask this fact with the mass 'boycott' protest bullshit , for what is worth there may well be a 'bit' of a protest going on now but in truth the vast majority that no longer attend are nothing more that glory hunters that have jumped ship.
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

  9. #1389
    Coaching Staff leftbackdarton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    So lets get this right :
    Oyston syphon's off 11m+ from the club and the fans are still turning up in their numbers despite this fact, in your words the 'feel good factor' is in place no doubt driven by the fact that you were riding high in the Championship and Wembley bound again.

    Why not protest then ?

    No you waited until the rot set it 3 years later and the slide down the divisions, before you and a lot of others decided that you had a shit team and chose to keep your money in your pockets.

    You try to mask this fact with the mass 'boycott' protest bullshit , for what is worth there may well be a 'bit' of a protest going on now but in truth the vast majority that no longer attend are nothing more that glory hunters that have jumped ship.
    And when we were riding high that season after relegation, did we have the shit pitch, the suing of fans, the goading such as cash cow and number plate, the removal of the Morty statue, the knowledge that the training ground wasn't going to be delivered after promises....

    You get my point.

  10. #1390
    Assistant Manager Thracia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    And when we were riding high that season after relegation, did we have the shit pitch, the suing of fans, the goading such as cash cow and number plate, the removal of the Morty statue, the knowledge that the training ground wasn't going to be delivered after promises....

    You get my point.
    Are you saying the 11m payment to Owen Oyston was not a contentious issue?

    It's just that you listed it above (post #1374) as one of the things (loans to Segesta was another) that you couldn't look into the future about.

    Now when we point out you didn't need to look into the future to know about these things, you're discounting them as not so important after all.

    It all adds up to quite a confusing narrative from your side.

    While we can't know for sure, I reckon if you'd achieved promotion again in 2012, none of your protests would've transpired, because you'd all still be glad all over on the best trip you've ever been on.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •