Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190
Results 1,891 to 1,898 of 1898

Thread: Gary Bowyer to be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by leftbackdarton View Post
    Of course it did. I've said all along you will get some fans who won't go because of the standard of football. The drop in revenue is far more significant than a couple of thousand not turning up just because we were relegated. This is just a sneak preview, the real effect of the boycott will be shown in next years' accounts.
    When - of course - there will again be the significant impact of fans bailing out simply because of the relegation to L2, irrespective of any "boycott".

Coaching Staff
    Serious questions for the Lashers.

For arguments sake lets say a local businessman came along and bought the club from the Oystons. He is willing and capable of putting a few million a season in but as a club you need to be getting a good revenue in from tickets sales etc to progress and have a decent budget for the first team. How many do you think you'd get through the gate at an average league 2 ticket price?

Would you accept a new owner like that or do you think to have any chance of getting back to the Championship and/or Premier League you'll need a billionaire owner, which with FFP is getting more difficult to get away with anyway.

Also, how much long term, irreparable damage has been done to your fan base with the emergence of AFC Fylde & Fleetwood? They weren't even on the radar the last time you progressed through the leagues so it has to have had an effect of some sort and if they both carry on progressing then it will have more of an effect surely?

Genuine questions, not taking the piss. Be interested to read your views on what you think lies ahead for BFC should a new owner be found and Oyston willing to sell up.

Great result for the NAPM campaign. The worst turnover for 10 years since the 2006 season. The accounts only take into account last season as well where our average attendance was supposedly 7k. Next season's accounts will be a true reflection of the boycott. This isn't just about attending, this is about buying merchandise, etc. I have never seen this season's home shirt anywhere across the Fylde which is quite remarkable. Of course though, there is no boycott going on.
    But Championship clubs receive circa 2.3million in TV revenue, and League 1 teams recieve approx 360,000 so this loss is from relegation and not the "boycott"

Losses which will be swallowed up by the Oystons, just as Uncle Trevor has done for us. How much did Blackpool spend on new players in this period? Probably more than we did!
    Last edited by Bobbage; Yesterday at 05:49 PM. Reason: quote
    Long live King Koko

NAPM - Not a protest more!!!! Boycott the boycotts, real fans are scabs!!!

Reserve Team
    In League One last year only Wigan and Sheffield United spent more on player transfers. Perhaps this loss is partly due to them overspending on transfers?

Perhaps if they spent less time arguing and abusing the team / manager / owners they'd have stayed up.

Their upturn in form has coincided with the yobs not going on anymore.

The question is, how long is Oyston prepared to absorb losses, who will pick up the pieces and what will those pieces look like?

Wearing old shirts really isn't the same for kids, etc. People would be too embarrassed or ashamed to wear anything Blackpool FC these days. Not saying it's right but if you're spotted wearing the new kit, you could be vulnerable to abuse so it's no wonder people aren't wearing them. I wouldn't want my Son to be in that position.

Shame really because the new kit is probably the best it's been for a long time.
    Some things never change I suppose, always been that way from my perspective .... 'Glad all over' yes I am 'Glad all over' ..... King Karl forever !!!!
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Took My Heart View Post
    In League One last year only Wigan and Sheffield United spent more on player transfers. Perhaps this loss is partly due to them overspending on transfers?
    Considering they offered Jamille Matt a better contract than Plymouth could, I imagine they have a wage budget which is easily in the top 3/4 in the division this season.

Portsmouth and Doncaster will probably pay more, can't really see who else, Luton maybe.

Have Blackpool FC lost this money or have the Oystons lost this money ? Or is it the same thing ?
    Last edited by keefer68; Yesterday at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keefer68 View Post
    Have Blackpool FC lost this money or have the Oystens lost this money ? Or is it the same thing ?
    It's the football club - really it's the usual story when the magic parachute payment money pipe dries up, and income suddenly drops from 18m to, er, 4.4m.