Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 90s music scene

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
    Aaahhhh the nostalgia.
    Met my wife in byrons in '91. Was in there most weekends.
    Hudson and whiteside attention seeking as usual!

Assistant Manager
    Now't to do with the 90s apart from the band members themselves dating from well before then but my mate Pete (Evil Blizzard) told me the other night that Evil Blizzard have a gig lined up supporting Rainbow at the O2 Arena in June. Massive gig that. Must be just about the biggest gig a Preston outfit has ever had as far as I can remember. I'm not keen on Evil Blizzard but hey, great gig to get, that.

Transfer Target
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Had a copy of Something, Something and the Mutant Babies demo of covers - it was really good. I think their keyboard player was the younger brother of one of Dreamland.
    Also used to use Schizoid's rehearsal room on a farm in Mawdsley - drummer was indeed local councillor Matt 'The Baron' Brown.
    I used to rehearse up at the farm with Ed and Iain when I was at Runshaw early 90s and good mates with Simon Cordall and Matty Brown. They were great days! There's been some good bands mentioned on this thread and gigged with most of them including Schitzoid, Tetleys (who were great, btw) and others I can't remember now.
    I left Preston about 20 years ago and saw this thread only today. I used to be a drummer in a band called Half Hell Crazy with two Geordies Ian *** and Jason Ward. We were pretty shite, to be fair.
    Preston was a great place to be in the 90s - like someone said, original songs not covers and lots of venues.

It's been nice reminiscing, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    I was on the Amersham Arms mini bus...are you T**G?...I went off into London with some dark haired lass with an unusual name that I can't remember.Rihanna maybe, was something like that.

I deffo gave Side all of my Dreamland / Pronoise stuff to convert to CD.

Edit - You're not Trog, you're Anthony!

Extra Edit - Briana was her name, just came to me now.
    Briana, a mate of Leona's used to drink in the Cock ( think she worked the bar at one point too ) also mates with Sarah........ ( used to go out with Ady )
    Drank in there since it was Boatmans until the very evening it shut down as the Cock ( even during the dire Dangerous Sportsmen days )
    "Well they can ship me all over this great big world,
    But I'll never find nothing like my North End girl" -
    Steve Earle

Quote Originally Posted by Sick On The Bus View Post
    Briana, a mate of Leona's used to drink in the Cock ( think she worked the bar at one point too ) also mates with Sarah........ ( used to go out with Ady )
    Drank in there since it was Boatmans until the very evening it shut down as the Cock ( even during the dire Dangerous Sportsmen days )
    Aye, she did bar work at Harrys Bar too, I think. Dark haired lass. I know Sarah (Action Records).
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Quote Originally Posted by Sick On The Bus View Post
    Damn, i had succesfully managed to put the dangerous sportsman out of memory. Not any more!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoga View Post
    Grammer never was your strong point was it

Assistant Manager
    They were good days those early 90s in town, some decent local bands around with good friendly rivalry between many of them and you'd often get three or four on the same bill sharing equipment and the scant takings that were on offer. It was usually just a drum kit, a dodgy PA and a couple of old amps between the bands. These days that rarely happens because many bands have such expensive gear they are reluctant to let anyone else use it.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Transfer Target
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    They were good days those early 90s in town, some decent local bands around with good friendly rivalry between many of them and you'd often get three or four on the same bill sharing equipment and the scant takings that were on offer. It was usually just a drum kit, a dodgy PA and a couple of old amps between the bands. These days that rarely happens because many bands have such expensive gear they are reluctant to let anyone else use it.

Early 90s were the last good days for music and being a musician. Seriously, I've only seen things go downhill since. Look where we are now.