Page 2 of 471 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn

Yep I understand all the above about not wanting a Blair copy nevertheless we do need someone who can at lease enthuse passion in the general public. I know Jeremy is popular within an inner labour support but I'm afraid it's not enough just to be highly principled you do need an ability to communicate effectively.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Well done, fallen hook line and sinker for the medias blairite leanings. this country desperately needs someoneone of corbyns ilk rather than the talk the talk but travel in a vehicle rather than walk type politician

He was the only politician who said it it how it was during the referendum, whilst the others lied and scaremongered corbyn stuck to his line about the cocial and environental impacts of leaving.. Never once did he throw out the scare rhetoric, even admitted he wasnt 100% convinced.

Problem for me is that were all conditioned to listen to liars and we cant handle someone who actually says it as it is.

Put him to another election he will win an even bigger mandate to be leader.
    Problem being Raef, many believe he is unelectable, how will he take the Labour party forward, nice bloke but can he win an election?
    "You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say"
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Which bit?

Why?

What you on about?

Huh?
    The "obvious he had to go" bit.
    “Banking is not money lending; to lend, a money lender must have money". Hyman Minsky

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch 22 View Post
    Yep I understand all the above about not wanting a Blair copy nevertheless we do need someone who can at lease enthuse passion in the general public. I know Jeremy is popular within an inner labour support but I'm afraid it's not enough just to be highly principled you do need an ability to communicate effectively.

Communicating effectively is always going to be a problem when you have the whole mainstream media against you, its up to people not to believe such shit.
    “Banking is not money lending; to lend, a money lender must have money". Hyman Minsky

Quote Originally Posted by finney View Post
    The "obvious he had to go" bit.
    Why?

I liked Corbyn, had something about him. Seemed to stand by his principles and ideals.

Then he whimpered 'remain' after standing against the EU for decades. At that moment he lost it. He proved he was just another puppet, 'toeing the party line'. If you're a leader, you lead by conviction.......he just couldn't do it could he!
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by outreacher View Post
    Problem being Raef, many believe he is unelectable, how will he take the Labour party forward, nice bloke but can he win an election?
    They believe hes unelectable because the media has told them hes unelectable

Many believed wed vote to remain but guess what, people voted the other way
    "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

Why?

I liked Corbyn, had something about him. Seemed to stand by his principles and ideals.

Then he whimpered 'remain' after standing against the EU for decades. At that moment he lost it. He proved he was just another puppet, 'toeing the party line'. If you're a leader, you lead by conviction.......he just couldn't do it could he!
    No he couldn't because he would have been ousted before the vote by those in his party who are desperate to get rid if him, those same people who are part of the political establishment that you just voted against and who will regain power if corbyn is outed. The fact remains Corbyn is someone who understands the problems with the EU and is someone we that are anti-eu should be supporting not reveling in his downfall.

Why?

The only principle and idea he didnt stand behind was the one that you stamped your feet against him about. Thats life Nobs, not everything is Black and white and it comprises compromise on so many occasions.

Of course, during the campaign, he could have stood toe to toe with Cameron but didnt instead majoring consistently on the environment and social issues. He was honest and you cant handle it.

Lets get Hilary Benn eh?
    Maybe Andy Burnham

You know the ones that the MEDIA tell us are the good guys, the ones I say are basically what we just got rid of, the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    They believe hes unelectable because the media has told them hes unelectable

Many believed wed vote to remain but guess what, people voted the other way
    Did he ever for one second convince you he wanted to remain?. He was extremely disappointing. Cameron is a euro sceptic but at least I felt he tried his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch 22 View Post
    Did he ever for one second convince you he wanted to remain?. He was extremely disappointing. Cameron is a euro sceptic but at least I felt he tried his best.

Problem was corbyn couldnt lie and say Black was White. Cameron is well practiced at that.

I felt all the way through that corbyn was a reluctant remainer.