Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jeremy Corbyn - Page 458
Page 458 of 471 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 4709

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    You should run this one by Longshanks. Its all twitter stuff so doesnt apply, apparently.
    Nevertheless - I was hoping he would step up to the mark and tackle the Tories on the current shambles with the NHS, and false promises, but he seemed to be in a flumux, an easy target for the press.

I will have to be do better than that, the people are increasingly concerned about what the Tories are doing to education and the health service, Brexit and immigration are also at the fore front and rising prices in the housing market, both rented and the cost to first time buyers..
    "Britain is the only colony in the British Empire and it is up to us now
    to liberate ourselves."

Support the Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by outreacher View Post
    Nevertheless - I was hoping he would step up to the mark and tackle the Tories on the current shambles with the NHS, and false promises, but he seemed to be in a flumux, an easy target for the press.

I will have to be do better than that, the people are increasingly concerned about what the Tories are doing to education and the health service, Brexit and immigration are also at the fore front and rising prices in the housing market, both rented and the cost to first time buyers..
    although I do notice that the media seem tobe totally ignoring this:

But letís be clear, public services are not under pressure primarily because of immigration Ė especially since many migrant workers keep those public services going.
    They are under pressure because this Tory government has cut them to fund tax break after tax break to the super rich and big business.
    That is the Tory game - low taxes for the rich, low pay for the rest, underfund public services, and find someone to blame , Itís brutal and itís not working.
    They do seem to be more interested in what they thought he should say rather than what he actually did say.

With Longshanks permission this tweet from Robert Peston spoke volumes for me:

.@jeremycorbyn needs to say more of what MPs and voters want him to say, not just what he believes, says @Peston
    The Conservatives are strong against the weak and weak against the strong. That's not leadership

While establishment commentators slammed our policy for tackling pay inequality, the public support it.

Majority of public support Jeremy Corbyn's plans to cap bosses' salaries, poll suggests

Responding to the results, Mr Corbyn toldThe Independent: ‘Levels of inequality are grotesque and hurt the economy. While establishment commentators slammed our policy for tackling pay inequality, the public support it because they can see the system is rigged’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7527381.html
    The Conservatives are strong against the weak and weak against the strong. That's not leadership

Coaching Staff
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ugh?CMP=twt_gu

I find Owen Jones a bit annoying sometimes but his books on Chavs articulates how the working class have been demonised quite well. This article sums up my thoughts on Corbyn - worth bearing in mind that Jones is a friend of Corbyn
    It only lasted 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Pardy View Post

I find Owen Jones a bit annoying sometimes but his books on Chavs articulates how the working class have been demonised quite well. This article sums up my thoughts on Corbyn - worth bearing in mind that Jones is a friend of Corbyn
    I havent read thearticle yet, I will do but its fair, also to pointout, that Jones has been anti Corbyns leadership for a good while.

Coaching Staff
    I havent read thearticle yet, I will do but its fair, also to pointout, that Jones has been anti Corbyns leadership for a good while.
    I suppose it depends on how you define good while and anti Corbyn tbh. He voted for him in the last leadership election and even in this article isn't saying ditch him, so I don't agree. I would agree that he has reflected concerns that the Corbyn project isn't working and that is dangerous for the left and people who don't want a new new Labour.
    It only lasted 1 year

I suppose it depends on how you define good while and anti Corbyn tbh. He voted for him in the last leadership election and even in this article isn't saying ditch him, so I don't agree. I would agree that he has reflected concerns that the Corbyn project isn't working and that is dangerous for the left and people who don't want a new new Labour.
    Thing is I honestly believe that a "united," labour is more than capable of winning a general election from any of its ideological positions. disunity is not only killing Labour but, i believe, the nation with it.

Thing is I honestly believe that a "united," labour is more than capable of winning a general election from any of its ideological positions. disunity is not only killing Labour but, i believe, the nation with it.

But there isn't one..........Far from it...
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    But there isn't one..........Far from it...
    Which beggars the real question, as a labour supoporter do I want, for the sake of unity, my party to once again become nothing more than a red tory party, What will that achieve for the nation? Jack shit and more of the same.

He also wrote a book called The Establishment without touching upon the corporate media establishment in which he is so deeply embedded, which kind of sums him up. Not a bad article but he offers no solution except a return to the status quo. I prefer Ken Loach's analysis.... https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...own-new-labour
    ďBanking is not money lending; to lend, a money lender must have money". Hyman Minsky