Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Nintendo

Mini Nintendo

Anyone getting one of these for a bit of nostalgia?!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nin...m-1124287.html
    "I went to Blackpool once It was like walking through a Hieronymus Bosch painting. It was then that I decided to go home. God obviously cant see Blackpool. If he could, hed burn it". Miles Cross

It would appear Sega are getting in on the act also by releasing a mini Mega Drive!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...nes-re-release
    "I went to Blackpool once It was like walking through a Hieronymus Bosch painting. It was then that I decided to go home. God obviously cant see Blackpool. If he could, hed burn it". Miles Cross

i still have both of the originals but i prefer the Sega version as it can play the classic carts whereas the Nintendo is only preloaded.
    "Jill, here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNI6HTRIDER View Post
    i still have both of the originals but i prefer the Sega version as it can play the classic carts whereas the Nintendo is only preloaded.
    Yes, the Nintendo one does not allow use of old cartridges or downloading any other games to it. IN fact the slot at the front does not even open sadly. I suspect that someone will master the art of jailbreaking it anyway so that it can have additional games added. However, for 50, i think it is a nice little bit of kit to have, especially if you have a few mates coming around. A bit of nostalgic fun. Super Mario in HD. Yes please.

I also understand that you can't use old controllers, but it is compatible with Wii remotes.

They need to get N64 back, my old ones gone walkies and they are selling for 50 and I'm not paying that for a bit of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
    They need to get N64 back, my old ones gone walkies and they are selling for 50 and I'm not paying that for a bit of nostalgia.
    I thought the N64 was pretty shit.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    I thought the N64 was pretty shit.
    Why's that?

Why's that?
    I do like the N64, still play mine. I think one of things people don't like is that the controller really isn't set up for 3D games because there is only one analog stick, so the games are harder to play, especially games like Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario 64. it was Nintendo's first real go at producing 3D games so its understandable and was pretty revolutionary back then, hence why I didn't really notice it when I was younger, only now that I've gotten pack into playing it.

Why's that?
    Cause you had one
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Cause you had one
    I wondered why you got the PS4 instead of Xbox.