Market car park being demolished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market car park being demolished

So, as above, the multi storey car park adjacent to Ringway will be no more in the very near future. Spoke to a lad working on it last night and he said when the diggers move in it will come down like a pack of cards. The markets going as well. Have great memories of the place, the banana king, the nut stall, that shop upstairs that sold hardware, the cafe, the record shop... The smell of wee in the lift !!

House of records. Spent a lot of time in there, looking cool with my fake leather bomber and my monkey boots.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobber View Post
      House of records. Spent a lot of time in there, looking cool with my fake leather bomber and my monkey boots.

Strange get up for a 63 year old....
      Vote For John Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Liberation View Post

Strange get up for a 63 year old....
        Cheeky twat,

im 49and now gender neutral
        Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

My fondest memory of the Market Car Park was standing on the second or third floor and watching the 1972 Guild Procession coming along the Ringway....

Magical sight for an 11 year old ........

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post
            My fondest memory of the Market Car Park was standing on the second or third floor and watching the 1972 Guild Procession coming along the Ringway....

Magical sight for an 11 year old ........
            I remember waving to you from the procession.
            "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post

I remember waving to you from the procession.
              there was no need to use two fingers though

Comment

I used to go out with a girl who worked in the fish market, it took some time before I realised she wasnt bringing the smell home with her.

Comment

Cheeky twat,

im 49 and now gender neutral
                  That's a lot of surgery for a 63 year old; you recovering ok?
                  Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER.

Comment

Was Roosters when I was a kid. Bought my first album I chose myself there. Generation Terrorists.

Comment

I can appreciate people's nostalgia of the Market & Car Park, but for me I am delighted it is now going. Been a hideous unsightly mess for as long as I can remember and assuming all the current future plans come to fruition, I believe it will benefit the city centre massively moving forwards.
                      "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
                      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by northender1881 View Post
                        I can appreciate people's nostalgia of the Market & Car Park, but for me I am delighted it is now going. Been a hideous unsightly mess for as long as I can remember and assuming all the current future plans come to fruition, I believe it will benefit the city centre massively moving forwards.
                        People used to say the Bus station stank, it did, but this place really stunk!

No nostalgia here.
                        "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

I am old and cenile and remember a simpler life... Endulge me ! I also remember crowds at Deepdale... Fancy that.

Comment

Working...
                          X