Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Hire

Hey all,

This isn't entirely local, but I'm coming back from the US for a visit for 16 days over the Christmas period and I am struggling to find a car rental price cheaper than 350 pounds. I'll be picking it up in Manchester, preferably the airport, but if it is significantly cheaper we can travel further. I can even pick up in Preston once we get back here if it saves a lot.
    Anyone have any insider tips to find cheaper?

I literally couldn’t get a car at Heathrow at Christmas 2 years ago. Every car in every hire company had gone so I think you may just have to pay it. Although if flying to Manchester I’d get the train to Preston and it may be a bit easier / cheaper if not hiring from the airport. Train is easy from the airport as station is across the road

Comment

Originally posted by One_of_our_own2 View Post
      I literally couldn’t get a car at Heathrow at Christmas 2 years ago. Every car in every hire company had gone so I think you may just have to pay it. Although if flying to Manchester I’d get the train to Preston and it may be a bit easier / cheaper if not hiring from the airport. Train is easy from the airport as station is across the road
      Yeah, just booked a rental through Thrifty at Piccadilly station. Saved a bunch of money, and can actually drop it off at the airport location when we are leaving.

Comment

I'd have lent you one but never mind, you've paid your money now.

Comment

Originally posted by 222Mark View Post
          I'd have lent you one but never mind, you've paid your money now.

I can always cancel it

Comment

Working...
          X