Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pub for Preston?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LEP reporting that Penwortham is to get its first micropub on Liverpool Road which is good news indeed as bar the Black Bull on Cop Lane, there isn't a single place you can get good ale in Penwortham. The Fleece does sell cask but it is generally rubbish pubco stuff like Wainwright and Bombardier with prices around 4 a pint.

    The LEP article is, unsurprisingly, a bit pants so I'm not sure who is taking charge of the place but there seems to be some link with one of the 73 micropubs in Chorley.

    Longton next please.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tino View Post
      Not quite a pub but there will be a bar in it but Level is planned to open on 8th December in the guild hall. It will have 10 pin bowling, pool tables, interactive darts and a sports bar. Part of a 3 floor entertainment facility which will include a zap zone type place and an assault course.
      Sounds like a magnet for kids......

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tino View Post
        Not quite a pub but there will be a bar in it but Level is planned to open on 8th December in the guild hall. It will have 10 pin bowling, pool tables, interactive darts and a sports bar. Part of a 3 floor entertainment facility which will include a zap zone type place and an assault course.
        Sounds like a magnet for kids......

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ando60 View Post
          Sounds like a magnet for kids......
          I’ve heard your works Christmas do is being held there Ando...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tino View Post
            I’ve heard your works Christmas do is being held there Ando...

            " A 3 floor entertainment facility "

            It sounds like our office !

            Comment


            • The Moorbrook is now doing takeaway draught beer and pizza with their purchase of a dozen growlers, 64oz glass containers that keep the beer fresh for the evening. So if the missus doesn't fancy a night in the pub you can bring the pub to her! In other news The Moorbrook owners declared this week they aren't going anywhere despite rumours (that I hadn't heard) they were about to pack up and move on. The rumour may have been Chinese whispers based around the landlord letting his lease of The Running Pump in Catforth expire in January. The countryside establishment has gone from strength to strength since the MB peeps took over but still isn't making the money they hoped and has stopped them from investing in town centre events, MB festivals and other ventures. The message from the MB is 'watch this space' once the Pump lease has gone as big things are planned. Anyone say 'Tundra Bar'? :-D

              The Plungington Hotel, recently taken over by Jeremy from The Continental/Plau has been acquired by Cheshire pub company 'Admiral Inns' who also own the landlordless Gammull. Quite what this means for the place I don't know but it is not stopping Jez from introducing food to the pub from 1st December with the Plungy 'pop-up' festival running between 17/11/17 and 01/12/17 in the beer garden serving Christmas themed food and drink. Got to give him 10/10 for effort. Plau is yet to open.

              Back in the town centre The Guild Ale House's landlord Gary was planning to open a craft beer/cocktail bar within the new market complex (with access during and after market hours). However delays to the market which means it won't open before Christmas and a rumoured 18k unit rent seems to have put plans on the back burner for now.

              Wings & Beer on Cannon Street is getting some good reviews and their beer range is slowing getting better & better with some decent cask ale appearing alongside some main stream 'craft' canned, bottle and keg stuff. If you're struggling to find somewhere for a beer and some Gridiron, Grecko-Roman wrestling or Pro Kabadi then W&B is the place to go.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AndySaville View Post
                Wings & Beer on Cannon Street is getting some good reviews and their beer range is slowing getting better & better with some decent cask ale appearing alongside some main stream 'craft' canned, bottle and keg stuff. If you're struggling to find somewhere for a beer and some Gridiron, Grecko-Roman wrestling or Pro Kabadi then W&B is the place to go.
                I haven't been in yet but know a few who have and they liked it so hopefully it will do well. I noticed they were advertising showing the NFL games on a Sunday which marketed right could really work and get a few in. However shutting about 20 minutes before the 2nd match of the day won't help.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tino View Post
                  I haven't been in yet but know a few who have and they liked it so hopefully it will do well. I noticed they were advertising showing the NFL games on a Sunday which marketed right could really work and get a few in. However shutting about 20 minutes before the 2nd match of the day won't help.
                  I've been in for the last two Sundays watching NFL, assume you mean 20 minutes before the 2nd match ends rather than start?

                  Having Red Zone on from 6pm till midnight plus other screens with the main NFL game and also usually some Spanish or Italian football can really make six hours fly in no time. Great selection of beers and food as well, can only see it getting more and more popular as word spreads.


                  On Twitter: @Cruyff_Des

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cruyff View Post
                    I've been in for the last two Sundays watching NFL, assume you mean 20 minutes before the 2nd match ends rather than start?

                    Having Red Zone on from 6pm till midnight plus other screens with the main NFL game and also usually some Spanish or Italian football can really make six hours fly in no time. Great selection of beers and food as well, can only see it getting more and more popular as word spreads.
                    Yes I did, midnight shutting isn’t it? But the 2nd nfl game often runs to 00:20.

                    Comment


                    • Couple of developments have popped up in the last couple of days on the Preston ale scene.

                      Guild Ale House landlord Gary Quinn has secured a lease with PCC for 'The Orchard', a craft ale and cocktail bar located within the new market complex. A combination of high end craft beers from Cloudwater, Buxton, Northern Monk etc will be combined with Espresso Martinis, White Russians and Strawberry Daiquiris with access from both inside and outside the market to cater for extended opening hours.

                      The owners of Dunkirk Hall, Ye Olde Hobb Inn, and Th’owd Smithy Inn have bought the former 'So Bar' premises on Avenham Street and plan to open a 'Albert Schloss inspired' beer hall on the regularly failing site. Whether the two lads involved, who are known in Hesketh Bank for allegedly doing a runner from a sports bar they owned there whilst owing six figures to various people, can make something of the 'Baker Street' project is yet to be seen. To be even as half as good as the aforementioned Albert Schloss will require more than just Becks and sausages.

                      Comment


                      • Heard there's gonna be a micro-pub next-door to George Banks Jewellers in town...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WFG View Post
                          Heard there's gonna be a micro-pub next-door to George Banks Jewellers in town...
                          Lune Street?
                          Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                            Lune Street?
                            Yep. Right down the bottom end, think literally the last unit before the entrance to the disabled car park. Going to be called the 'Tap & Plug' and they plan to open February/March time. Exactly who is opening it is a bit hush hush at the mo.

                            Comment


                            • Tap & t'ales opens this Thursday...

                              Comment


                              • Looks like there's a micro pub opening at Goosnargh. Called Tap & (can't remember) One in Longridge sells really good beer at sensible prices unlike Chameleon at Broughton that is selling lager at 5 a pint. Unfortunately this means they will disappear, no doubt owing suppliers loads of money, once again, like they make a career out of doing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X