New pub for Preston?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shabbagaz View Post
    Orchard do have a couple of cask ales as well, although I'm not sure what they've got on at the moment.
    Yes aware of that so will give it a whirl, but Ale House will always be the one for cask choice though.

Good to see the ale scene in Preston getting its act together but still a long way to go until it compares to other (much smaller) areas.

Comment

• Did the Orchard, Market Tavern, Black Horse, Black Bull & Moorbrook before the game.

I must say from being the best pub in the centre of Preston, the Black Bull, it is now one of the worst...

Comment

• Originally posted by WFG View Post
        Did the Orchard, Market Tavern, Black Horse, Black Bull & Moorbrook before the game.

I must say from being the best pub in the centre of Preston, the Black Bull, it is now one of the worst...
        I went in the bull a while back and thought exactly the same.

How was the tavern? I've always thought that it was a hidden gem if maintained properly.....potential goldmine.
        Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobber View Post
          I went in the bull a while back and thought exactly the same.

How was the tavern? I've always thought that it was a hidden gem if maintained properly.....potential goldmine.
          #

Had a couple of decent ales on, but wont be rushing back...

Comment

#

Had a couple of decent ales on, but wont be rushing back...
            Exactly what I thought last time I went in, could be so much better.......pity!
            Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Did the Orchard, Market Tavern, Black Horse, Black Bull & Moorbrook before the game.

The Black Bull was ace circa 2013-15 and was part of our pre-match wander most Saturdays. There was regularly 8 casks on with ale from all over the UK then a fridge appeared stock Thornbridge, Brewdog, Magic Rock and other 'craft' stuff. However Greene King got upset because the landlord wasn't selling enough GK ale or other stuff that GK supplies to its pubs (Fosters, Carling, Strongbow, Becks, Stella, John Smith's etc etc) and eventually the landlord packed in and did one. It hasn't been the same since and tbh I can't see it even returning to its early 2010s heyday.

Been into the Market since the Conti lot took over. Vast improvement but as prev mentioned, a long way to go.

Comment

• Anyone remember the tap and spile on Fylde Road? which used to be th’ole in the wall? That pub was years ahead of It’s time

Comment

• The Tap & Vine, 69 Liverpool Road, Penwortham is to open on Maundy Thursday.

Located opposite the Lime Bar the former craft centre is set to become Penwortham's first microbar but rumours are it won't be as ale focused as places like Orchard and the Guild Ale House and could well be a 'wine bar that serves cask ales'.

Interesting to see how this does as Penwortham is crying out for a decent ale house/pub with only the Black Bull on Cop Lane (25mins walk away) worth visiting. If it is focused on wine it could pay the price for being to similar to the very popular Lime Bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndySaville View Post
                    The Black Bull was ace circa 2013-15 and was part of our pre-match wander most Saturdays. There was regularly 8 casks on with ale from all over the UK then a fridge appeared stock Thornbridge, Brewdog, Magic Rock and other 'craft' stuff. However Greene King got upset because the landlord wasn't selling enough GK ale or other stuff that GK supplies to its pubs (Fosters, Carling, Strongbow, Becks, Stella, John Smith's etc etc) and eventually the landlord packed in and did one. It hasn't been the same since and tbh I can't see it even returning to its early 2010s heyday.

Been into the Market since the Conti lot took over. Vast improvement but as prev mentioned, a long way to go.
                    Fella, as much as you like what you like and pour scorn over other drinks, remember that people DO like what you dislike.

I like Guinness, Cider, JD...I suppose this makes me a pleb in drinking terms?

I appreciate that you like obscure brands and your passion shines through but your continued elitism (which it reads as) towards other drinkers / drinks is getting a bit off putting.

Chill man and accept that there is enough out there for every type of drinker to enjoy, not just yourself.

Peace cha x
                    RIP Kurt
                    Best mates for 14 years
                    09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                      Fella, as much as you like what you like and pour scorn over other drinks, remember that people DO like what you dislike.

I like Guinness, Cider, JD...I suppose this makes me a pleb in drinking terms?

I appreciate that you like obscure brands and your passion shines through but your continued elitism (which it reads as) towards other drinkers / drinks is getting a bit off putting.

Chill man and accept that there is enough out there for every type of drinker to enjoy, not just yourself.

Peace cha x
                      It's a forum JD. If you want to wax lyrical about crap drinks you can but Andysaville is entitled to his opinions about good drinks and pubs.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
                      PRESTON ARE BACK, PRESTON ARE BACK, HELLO, HELLO.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredElseFlyer View Post
                        It's a forum JD. If you want to wax lyrical about crap drinks you can but Andysaville is entitled to his opinions about good drinks and pubs.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
                        I am not disputing any of what you said.

I am. however, defending the rights of people to drink the mass produced stuff that Andy (whom I personally know so he knows I'm not being horrible) seems to dislike within this thread, as if it is indeed stuff that should be banned! Granted, some of the mass produced stuff I don't / won't drink but I won't slate people who do drink the stuff nor the ale itself. Everything has its own place.

Just offering a balance to things.
                        RIP Kurt
                        Best mates for 14 years
                        09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

• There's a lot of mass produced, bland shit out there.
                          And there are plenty of shit craft beers or whatever it is they call it in places like the Guild Ale house which taste like piss.
                          Each to their own, I say.
                          Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

• Big fan of real/locally brewed ale personally but wonít really judge others of a different persuasion.

Saw someone tweet the other week saying they needed to find a new pre-match pub because another drinker in the Moorbrook has seen him with a lager and he shouted if you want a Stella go to the Moor Park.

As well as ale Iíve also come to significantly enjoy a G & T and glass of red. As I said, really like an ale but enjoy mixing it up a bit more now too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                              There's a lot of mass produced, bland shit out there.
                              And there are plenty of shit craft beers or whatever it is they call it in places like the Guild Ale house which taste like piss.
                              Each to their own, I say.
                              Every time I’ve visited the Guild Ale House I’ve had great drinks.

Each to their own? Not sure why you would single out a micro pub trying to provide different ales. Are you happier watching the mass produced pubs closing en masse due to cheap beer and rip off rentals?

Comment

• Can’t beat a decent ale, me and the other half have been drinking real ales Since the early/mid 90’s you never get a hangover, cos it’s not full of shit

Comment

Working...
                                X