New pub for Preston?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shabbagaz View Post
    Hissy fit? No just simply pointing out how ungrateful the barman was - just thought it was out of order to moan about not having change and belittling the customer. Course I don't expect anyone to kiss my arse and I wouldn't want them too either - personally I can't stand brown-nosers.

I'll leave it at that as it's pointless taking this argument any further.
    There are many reasons to visit pneonline, customer service is not one of them. Keep up the good work.....

Comment

• Popped into the Tap & Vine for the first time earlier today and overall was impressed.

Lovely decor, friendly atmosphere and some great looking meat, cheese and fish platters on the menu.

Beer lineup was fairly decent. Cross Bay EPA, Crate Golden Ale, Beer Brothers Gold & Northern Monkey's Reeny's Beans on cask with Einstock White Ale on keg (along with assorted euro fizz).

Nothing to shout about but the Golden Ale from Crate was nice and well kept and overall the lineup was far better than what it was. Get rid of the Hophouse 13 (Moretti will suit most lager drinkers) for a decent keg ale and add a few bottles/cans to the fridge and they're increase their punters no end.

Comment

• Moorbrook 4th birthday weekend kicks-off tonight with dozens of fresh craft and cask beers from all over the place on the bars along with live music, good food and this year, great weather!

Also Friday/Saturday could see the opening of The Plug & Taps on Lune Street. The lads behind it, who also own the Market Ale House in Leyland, are working round the clock to get the 14 cask and keg lines up and running for the bank holiday.

Comment

• Looking forward to playing Saturday night in the Moorbrook, then I don't have to watch that tosh on the telly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrubdog View Post
            Looking forward to playing Saturday night in the Moorbrook, then I don't have to watch that tosh on the telly.
            Was thinking exactly that, no BT means no plastic scousers or any way of people watching it!

Comment

• Plau is looking really smart.

Comment

• Plug & Taps delayed opening - not this weekend, sadly...

Comment

• Originally posted by WFG View Post
                  Plug & Taps delayed opening - not this weekend, sadly...
                  Has Duncan branched out?
                  Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                    Has Duncan branched out?
                    That one isn't his. He as two though... And tales of he should have made it at North End too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrubdog View Post
                      Looking forward to playing Saturday night in the Moorbrook, then I don't have to watch that tosh on the telly.
                      Missed your gig, but there was another decent band on tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by northender0602 View Post
                        Missed your gig, but there was another decent band on tonight
                        (Mossy?) I was trying to get back there but I just crashed and burned...etc. Who was it? Quite a decent crowd considering there was a bit of footy on the box!

Comment

• Brig N Barrell on corner of Station Road and Baldwin Street to open tomorrow at 5pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndySaville View Post
                            Brig N Barrell on corner of Station Road and Baldwin Street to open tomorrow at 5pm.
                            Brig N Barrel on Station Road is now open. Debut lineup was two cask beers each from local breweries Beer Brothers, Hubsters and Withnells with at least one keg ale on from Priesttown Brewery, a cider and weirdly Super Bock lager. Next up are beers from Wily Fox and Lancaster. Place was reportedly jam packed all weekend.

Oddly no sooner had Brig N Barrel appeared it was announced Brig will get a second micropub called Beer Box located opposite the Withy Arms. This is looking like it will be serving more modern 'craft' type beers rather than the old style cask beers Brig N Barrel have opted for.

Meanwhile in Preston it seems the Plug & Taps have slowed down the workrate after admitting defeat in trying to open for the end of May bank holiday. No new opening date has been mentioned and not a lot of work has taken place over the last week. Probably best as rushing this kind of thing usually causes problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndySaville View Post
                              Brig N Barrel on Station Road is now open. Debut lineup was two cask beers each from local breweries Beer Brothers, Hubsters and Withnells with at least one keg ale on from Priesttown Brewery, a cider and weirdly Super Bock lager. Next up are beers from Wily Fox and Lancaster. Place was reportedly jam packed all weekend.

Oddly no sooner had Brig N Barrel appeared it was announced Brig will get a second micropub called Beer Box located opposite the Withy Arms. This is looking like it will be serving more modern 'craft' type beers rather than the old style cask beers Brig N Barrel have opted for.

Meanwhile in Preston it seems the Plug & Taps have slowed down the workrate after admitting defeat in trying to open for the end of May bank holiday. No new opening date has been mentioned and not a lot of work has taken place over the last week. Probably best as rushing this kind of thing usually causes problems.
                              My mates just finished making the sign for the pub

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

• It would seem that the bloke who runs the Moorbrook is taking over at the Hearts of Oak following an imminent refurbishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X