New pub for Preston?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Henrys Cat View Post
    Worth a visit, although not in The immediate Preston area is the Bowland Brewery in Clitheroe. The UKís longest bar apparently, well itís a big rectangle really. 48 pumps with a minimum 24 Cask Beers on tap all the time. Good food as well.

As for the beer, Iíve not found a nicer stout anywhere than Bowland Deer Stalker.
    Having my wedding there next May (well Holmes Mill, but it is all part of the same complex).

Thoroughly recommend it
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough

Comment

• Originally posted by northender1881 View Post
      Having my wedding there next May (well Holmes Mill, but it is all part of the same complex).

Thoroughly recommend it
      A great place and was nearly our wedding reception venue before we decided to go with a marquee. I need to spend an afternoon in Clitheroe, this missus works there so a lift home after a few ales at both Holmes Mill and the impressive microbar down the road would be ideal.

Back in Preston Plau are hinting that they're about to publish an opening date. Recent pictures have shown the place not far off completion with tiles down and the well beneath the cellar room being lit up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henrys Cat View Post
        Worth a visit, although not in The immediate Preston area is the Bowland Brewery in Clitheroe. The UKís longest bar apparently, well itís a big rectangle really. 48 pumps with a minimum 24 Cask Beers on tap all the time. Good food as well.

As for the beer, Iíve not found a nicer stout anywhere than Bowland Deer Stalker.
        A real rounded flavour, can get in bottled form in Hoghton as well.

Comment

• Some of the Bowland Beers are exceptional. Had a Boxer Blonde (on draught) the other week which went down a treat. Canít really go wrong with Hen Harrier, and Pheasant Plucker is a nice session ale too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
            Some of the Bowland Beers are exceptional. Had a Boxer Blonde (on draught) the other week which went down a treat. Canít really go wrong with Hen Harrier, and Pheasant Plucker is a nice session ale too.
            Some fantastic beers out there. Summer = light ales ang winter = dark ales. No idea why I fall into this category but I do.

Popped into Brig today. Nipped into Beer Box today. Grand little bar. 5 real ales on and lots of keg too.

Very fond of this type of pub. Great ale and warm and friendly

Comment

• The Tap and Vine on Liverpool Road, Penwortham, is excellent. A small and friendly pub with a good atmosphere.

A good selection of guest ales (Loweswater Gold on the other week). A list of beers awaiting tapping in the cellar are displayed in the board behind the bar.

One of the house beers on draught is Einstok. Itís Icelandic, and a cross between a White Beer and a lager. One of the best beers Iíve tasted.

The food platters are good value for money, as well. Well worth a visit.
              Last edited by giro; 05-10-2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Exterior to Northern Way (O'Neill's) is looking really smart, hopefully they do a good job inside and it's well priced to get good student trade.

Comment

• New pub for Preston?

Priest town brewing, in collaboration with Withnellís Brewery

If The powers that be at North End had any sense theyíd have this on sale at Deepdale, especially in The Invincibles Stsnd

Comment

• Originally posted by northender0602 View Post
                    real cider is fantastic, if you are ever on the Somerset Levels, Wilkins Cider Farm is worth a visit, but the quality of his cider depends on the harvest.

Been supping real ale/cider for years, unfortunately due to being diagnosed with coeliac disease, beer is now out of the question for me, so will just have to fill me boots on cider.
                    Arp! Wilkins !! Free plastic sunloungers to sleep off breakfast pints . North ender exiled in Somerset !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Beersoulman View Post
                      Arp! Wilkins !! Free plastic sunloungers to sleep off breakfast pints . North ender exiled in Somerset !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Legendary is Wilkins, did read that the Old Mr Wilkins used to drink about ten pints a day or something like that and he was a ripe old age, but they had managed to get him down to two pints a day, must have been all that vitamin c

Comment

• Originally posted by sf View Post
                        Exterior to Northern Way (O'Neill's) is looking really smart, hopefully they do a good job inside and it's well priced to get good student trade.
                        Opening this Sunday, they have Heineken on so that's fine by me.

Looking at one picture I think I see Amstel and Blue Moon too, don't think it's going to be real ale orientated.

Comment

Working...
                        X