No announcement yet.

New pub for Preston?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds decent that, the pie & ale places in Northern Quarter always do well.

Comment

• Yesss!!!!

Comment

• Got to laugh at "Otters Pocket"!!!

So, Plau opening very soon and The Northern Way (formerly O'Neills) opening as of this Saturday (albeit to special guests), seems a good reason for venturing into that part of town again.

For me the current route is: Ferret and/or Mad Hatters, occasionally nip across to the Vinyl Tap and end up in D& P. Other routes are: Guild Ale House, German bar ont market and into the Black Horse, also ending up in D&P.

Stay in Penwortham which is now quite decent. Things are on the up!.

Comment

• Oh and another thing, some of my Fulwood mates kicking off about the Summers being raized to the ground. The irony is that they never went in the place. 'Use it or lose it'.

Comment

• The Plau have just announced that they will be opening on 16th November! I'll be haunting the gin bar :-)

Comment

• Attended the opening of The Northern Way on Saturday. Impressed by the décor, a vast VAST improvement on O'Neill's with plenty of comfy seating and HD screens. The roof terrace is fab as well with an encased screen and wooden decking/roofing/seating. Nicely lit and gives a bit of a 'city' feel with the surrounding apartment blocks.

Beer wise the choice isn't great for the cask/craft drinker with Dizzy Blonde, Rev James, Hobgoblin & Bombardier on cask and Hobgoblin IPA on keg with a few Brooklyn Brewery bottles in the fridge. Think I saw one pint of cask pulled all night which given the line-up and that the place doesn't seem to be an older gents hang out isn't a surprise. We had free drinks vouchers so stuck with getting our money's worth on Gin & cocktails which varied massively in quality depending on who served us although later we found out 80% of the staff are completely new to bar work.

All in all a very decent place similar to Amber Tavern's other Preston venue Hogarths.

Comment

Working...
              X