Winter Hill/Rivington now burning.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nobby_Troutface View Post
    Firefighters have declared a 'major incident' on the West Pennine Moors above Bolton as two large-scale moorland fires have 'converged'.

The fires on Winter Hill, above Chorley, and Horrocks Farm at Scout Road, to the north of Bolton, are now being treated as one incident.

People are being urged to stay away from the area - and the possibility of bringing in the army is being considered.

More than 80 firefighters were redeployed this morning. Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service expects to have at least 15 pumps on the scene.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-14842549
    Apparently itís spreading at the rate of six miles per hour!

Comment

This satellite pic shows the sheer scale of this

"The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Apparently the sand dunes at Lytham are or have been on fire

Comment

It seems the Nature reserve at St Annes is now burning too.

Sadly this one sickos response.

https://twitter.com/JournalistShaw/s...70650813112320
          Last edited by raefil; 30-06-2018, 06:57 PM.
          "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

What appears to look like a bank of cloud drifting to the south of Preston today is the smoke from Rivington.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post
              Yeah, same in Euxton.... we had the doors and windows open because of the heat, so now the house stinks of smoke !!
              Thatís probably my fault - we ve had wafters out all day in Standish pushing the smoke cloud north.

Sorry and all that.

Comment

The fire has intensified overnight and they are now beginning to evacuate properties.

FFS I hope everyones safe

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
                  The fire has intensified overnight and they are now beginning to evacuate properties.

FFS I hope everyones safe
                  I think that is over near scout road which selfishly is way away from the family home. But thinking most importantly of the evacuations I think it should be OK as the scrub is not too tall and can be dampened near to any homes
                  Well that's what I understand and hope

Comment

Healy Nab is now on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Spavin Stardust View Post
                      Healy Nab is now on fire.
                      A Helicopter which was surveying the area spotted people lighting these fires! Unbeleivable,

Comment

Originally posted by northender0602 View Post
                        A Helicopter which was surveying the area spotted people lighting these fires! Unbeleivable,
                        Absolute morons....

Comment

Originally posted by edgy View Post
                          I think that is over near scout road which selfishly is way away from the family home. But thinking most importantly of the evacuations I think it should be OK as the scrub is not too tall and can be dampened near to any homes
                          Well that's what I understand and hope
                          No ones homes have been evacuated. The fire is all but our but the fire is travelling underground and burning through the peat layer.

Public are the biggest issue still attempting to get access onto the moors for photographs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            No ones homes have been evacuated. The fire is all but our but the fire is travelling underground and burning through the peat layer.

Public are the biggest issue still attempting to get access onto the moors for photographs!

I believe so
                            Good news in that no one is in danger or their homes. Naturally troubling the mentality of some folks but hey. There's nothing queerer than folk !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            [QUOTE=JB;2585844]

I believe so
                            Good news in that no one is in danger or their homes. Naturally troubling the mentality of some folks but hey. There's nothing queerer than folk !!

Comment

Good news at last. The fire is now under full control. Still not fully out tho.

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/0...under-control/

Comment

Working...
                              X