Theories on 'Lost'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theories on 'Lost'?

For the people who are following 'Lost', do you have a theory on what is taking place?

How close is your theory to the following theories that have been put to the writers of 'Lost'?

Entertainment Weekly - top 5 conspiracy theories supported/debunked by writers

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21208

Re: Theories on 'Lost'?

The Losties are in purgatory -- this theory came about when someone speculated that the Losties are already dead from the crash and that they are basically in purgatory. The island is symbolic of Eden, the place that dead souls go before it is decided if they will be transcended to Heaven or be burned in Hell. The writers have already debunked this.

I think this one is correct. On one of the episodes the man who lives down in the 'hatch' (forgot his name), is running up and down the stadium with the Doctor (forgot his name too, LOL i have watched every episode aswel). The 'hatch' man says to the doctor ''I will see you in another life''.

Comment

My theory is that Lost is a good way of keeping millions of viewers hanging on series after series to discover the plot behind story lines that are drawn out to f***!

I've seen fossil fuels develop quicker!

tg

Comment

Originally posted by thegooooooooooch
        My theory is that Lost is a good way of keeping millions of viewers hanging on series after series to discover the plot behind story lines that are drawn out to f***!

tg
        I think you may be getting confused with Test match cricket.

My mate shares your view and I presume noone could accuse them of under-strength character building. Apparently all the flashbacks are connected and contain clues to the outcome. Even one or two of the adverts that Channel 4 output, are connected to the series!

Comment

I know someone who saw a weird advert, I think it was during lost, it gave a website at the end. The guy went on it and there were alsorts of puzzles, he solved them and got clues. Like letters from the dharma anniitiative ect.

Denny

Comment

here's a theory

Radiative Thiamin = Dharma Initiative
            blue shorts, hooped socks - UTW

Comment

Originally posted by deepdale10
              here's a theory

Radiative Thiamin = Dharma Initiative

Comment

its an anagram of Dharma Initiative

Radiative = capable of radiating; acting by radiation
                Thiamin = a B vitamin that prevents beriberi; maintains appetite and growth

beriberi = an acute disease characterised by multiple inflammatory changes in the nerves producing great muscular debility, a painful rigidity of the limbs, and cachexy.

cachexy = any general reduction in vitality and strength of body and mind resulting from a debilitating chronic disease.

do you see now?

Comment

I actually worked out it was an anagram and what it meant. I just did not understand how it was connected to the story, er and still don't.

Comment

no! nor me - i'm just a smug bastard!

Comment

Well I'm glad it was not just me missing the obvious and generally being a bit thick.

Comment

Originally posted by thegooooooooooch

tg

You`re partly right..I think!

The English chappie who was in the band and Lord of the Rings was asked about the storyline in an interview.
                        He said that there was a very clear plot, with initially a smaller number of episodes and the series has been spread out to take advantage of it`s popularity.

Thats a relief..I was beginning to wonder if the writers hadn`t actaully decided on the plot yet, and it would never end..

Thanks to deepdale10 for bringing this thread to my attention. Now I`ve heard of Radiative Thiamin (there may be summat in this) and the peculiar ads I`m even more mystified. But I know a bit more...
                        ..bit like the series, really.

Comment

Working...
                        X